Join Login
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation

Home theatre cabling and security cabling

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

We are building a double story home thinking to have home theatre cabling and security cabling under construction

Can some one give me any ideas what things need to be done for home theatre and other cabling in house

Any other ideas which things are important to be done while house is under construction

Thanks

Wire for the best acoustics you can afford e.g 7.2 so down the track no problem for upgrade.

Projector and screen wiring.

Considerations for main equipment area -- if you have linen cupboard close by, it would look much neater and cleaner to put stuff in there.

Think about what equipment you will have and put in as many PP as you need -- avoid use of ugly power board.

I have just gone and requested the above prewiring from my builder so Ideas are fresh

Home Theatre

Although 7.1 or .2 is great. if the room is between 5 to 7m of length I would stick to 5.1.
Rooms above 8 metres by all means 7.1 but you will be wasting money on the 7 speaker wiring.
If you can prewire yourself get a couple of rolls of cable and wall plates and do it yourself.
With my build my builder has to do it as they do wiring inhouse.

Alarm System

Consider an alarm system to be done also either prewire or the full install.

Surveillance System
In my case I am getting an 8ch pre wire cat6 cabling done and will do the cameras/NVR/DVR myself.
Hi thanks for that information it will help how much does it cost you to do all of this done with your builder?

the 5.1 wiring is $1140 times two as I am doing two rooms in 5.1.
Alarms system with 8 pir's just over 2k. (IP capable and touchscreen)
Hi alarm system you had is self operated? Just had confusion about that
Thanks

it is not monitored if that is what you are asking. It will email you when something goes wrong however.
Okk thanks for that

Related
25/06/2023
Security system and cameras recommendation - Melbourne

Building A New House

It's all about wireless, self install now. The cost/benefit of wired setups for the house are no longer what they used to be. Lots of wireless options. Eufy, Arlo and…

23/05/2023
Security Account for Post Contract Variations??

Building A New House

It seems very clear to me that your contract states that a security account does NOT need to be established so the answer to the builder is NO. If in doubt find a contract…

21/10/2023
Rain coming through security door

General Discussion

Hi When it rains in a particular direction water comes through the security door. It hits the main door and the bottom swells and jams. There is already a cover over the…

You are here
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation
Home
Pros
Forum