Join Login
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation

Design my TV Setup :)

Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys, We're getting close to signing for a new build and have the plans just about ready to go to council.

We've allowed a space on one of the Family Room walls to place the TV / Entertainment centre.

With some sort of variation on a theme, we're maybe, sort-of, considering, some form of, updated version of the photo I've copied below from an old Clipsal brochure.

Currently we have the (really old) Plasma screen that will be updated and left and right speakers which will probably be updated with a LCR soundbar.

Driving this we have components such as a Denon AVR (which handles outside speakers via its 'zones', a STB which will come along for its PVR capabilities, a VHS/DVD player (yes, VHS !!), a five-disk CD player which is awesome when you're entertaining and a media player or two.

I've allowed a 600mm cupboard on each side of the niche to house these components.

How would you lay out / decorate / design the area to handle this, given that the house design is "Light, Open plan" ?

Thanks heaps,

P_D.

Very similar to my living room setup
Related
13/02/2024
Charged Rainwater System Design

General Discussion

Once you know the basics, the rest is easy. Read my post in the thread linked below. viewtopic.php?p=1919271#p1919271

24/06/2023
Slab design

Building A New House

Although I am a big opponent of using waffle pod slabs over H2/P soils under any circumstances, in your case I would certainly opt in to keep piers under central…

29/06/2023
Landscape Design Parramatta NSW

Landscape & Garden Design

Landscape Design Parramatta We have been doing a large amount of landscape design work in Sydney…

You are here
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation
Home
Pros
Forum