Join Login
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation

Home Technology Hub

Page 20 of 24
Think they all ring at same time. if you have the app and is logged in.
https://www.zapals.com/nexbox-a95x-4k-w ... h-rom.html

My friend bought this and said it's a pretty good deal if anyone is looking for a media server.

Brivis Touch - Network controller for heating/cooling

Wow that's sexy! Nice screen. Is it a central unit or one per room/area?

@Orph

Build thread: viewtopic.php?t=78328
Home Furniture: viewtopic.php?t=80551
Technology Hub: viewtopic.php?t=83663
Landscape Design: viewtopic.php?t=80645
Orpheus
Wow that's sexy! Nice screen. Is it a central unit or one per room/area?

@Orph

Build thread: viewtopic.php?t=78328
Home Furniture: viewtopic.php?t=80551
Technology Hub: viewtopic.php?t=83663
Landscape Design: viewtopic.php?t=80645

It is a central unit Orph... can control upto 4 zones and heating/cooling control on the same unit...
Hi all, we were wondering if anyone had recommendations for consultants that can help with advice on cabling for sound system and security cams/door bell? Since we are brand agnostic at the moment, someone that resells a number of brands would be good.

We heard that it's hard to do wiring to the ground floor once the house is built so best to get them to install cabling during the build. We've done our initial electrical plans but will probably need to get Vacarro to make some changes during the build.. thanks.

Metricon Liberty 45, Ryde NSW
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=82846
Quirmeball1280
Hi all, we were wondering if anyone had recommendations for consultants that can help with advice on cabling for sound system and security cams/door bell? Since we are brand agnostic at the moment, someone that resells a number of brands would be good.

We heard that it's hard to do wiring to the ground floor once the house is built so best to get them to install cabling during the build. We've done our initial electrical plans but will probably need to get Vacarro to make some changes during the build.. thanks.

For speakers if you are going for generic one it's a lot easier. If you were going for a high end brand like B&O then you will need them to run their specific cables.

For the family room we are going for a standard 5.1 effects so only running standard speakers cables from Metricon.

For the rest of the house we are going with wireless speakers and PoE security cameras post handover. For the doorbell/intercom we picked the Lumi one from Metricon which they will run the cables to the from gate instead of the front door.

Renman
Quirmeball1280

For speakers if you are going for generic one it's a lot easier. If you were going for a high end brand like B&O then you will need them to run their specific cables.

For the family room we are going for a standard 5.1 effects so only running standard speakers cables from Metricon.

For the rest of the house we are going with wireless speakers and PoE security cameras post handover. For the doorbell/intercom we picked the Lumi one from Metricon which they will run the cables to the from gate instead of the front door.

Thanks Renman, we were thinking Sonos or something similar but didn't want to use up our limited power points to plug in rear left and right speakers to the back of the family room. Also we have no idea where to place our camera at the front of the house to maximise viewing angle and lighting etc. These were all things we should have figured out before our electrical appointment but unfortunately we didn't do enough prep work

Any good recommendations on CCTV cameras that people currently have?

Quirmeball1280
Renman
Quirmeball1280

Thanks Renman, we were thinking Sonos or something similar but didn't want to use up our limited power points to plug in rear left and right speakers to the back of the family room. Also we have no idea where to place our camera at the front of the house to maximise viewing angle and lighting etc. These were all things we should have figured out before our electrical appointment but unfortunately we didn't do enough prep work

Would your SM allow you to run a few extra Cat 6 cable between ur ground and top floor.

If you look at my electrical plans, you can use that as a reference.

Bose wireless systems are pretty good.

Emmz70
Any good recommendations on CCTV cameras that people currently have?

Hikvision are great.

hi, Check dolby website to get an idea on speaker placements.. buy 50/100 m 14 awg cable from Selby or similar and give the print out of the dolby set-up and the cables to the electrician if they are happy to do a cash job...

Security cams/ door bells you need to have some idea on what you want.. it is easy to be misguided and spend money on things that don't fit your purpose...

Camera position... if you are not sure.. ask then to run a cat6 from the camera control point to the roof space and leave enough cable on the roof space so you can take it to anywhere you want when you decide on the camera location (assuming you are going for a Power Over Ethernet (PoE) camera and don't need to run power separately)

Hope it helps!
Speaker systems can be pretty complex. IMHO the best way to approach it is to decide exactly what equipment you will use, exactly where you will place it and work a plan from there. For example, I have a single receiver that is capable of multi room sound with 2 different sources. It is also a Dolby ATMOS capable receiver @9.2 channels but it can't do multiroom and ATMOS at the same time.

For Audio advice I really like the guys at The Lifestyle Store in N Parramatta. Don't be afraid of the prices of their stuff, you can negotiate down for sure. I got a 40% off the rrp for a full set of Paradigms.

You also need to think about subwoofer placement if you have a home theatre set up or even for just music. You can run RG6 from your audio source to wherever you want to put them.

Hi, has anyone got somfy motors for your blinds/curtains?

If so, have you found a way to operate the blinds without using the somfy remote or mylink app?

Thanks,
RegVic
Hi, has anyone got somfy motors for your blinds/curtains?

If so, have you found a way to operate the blinds without using the somfy remote or mylink app?

Thanks,

I looked into this ages ago. Somfy does other wired solutions (admittedly I only found them on US websites) which you can wire into a normal light switch. You just need three mechs up, down and stop.

There is also the option to have a somfy wall switch. Its still rts communication but fixed to the wall, only problem is it stands out being a different style.

Decided to go with Somfy thinking they are well known brand and will be easy to incorporate into the home automation eco system but I guess I am wrong... Somfy uses more proprietary stuff and not as easy to integrate as I thought... research continues....
Depends what HA system you are running. I know that somfy has z wave support, once again not sure about whether it is available in aus though

RegVic
Decided to go with Somfy thinking they are well known brand and will be easy to incorporate into the home automation eco system but I guess I am wrong... Somfy uses more proprietary stuff and not as easy to integrate as I thought... research continues....

As mentioned by picto, depends on your HA system. Never worked with Somfy myself (yet, build prep in progress), however openHAB (my favourite HA system) has plugins specifically to work with Somfy

RegVic

Just to clarify, the first motor can also be wired onto the digital output on a wired HA system ie cbus. So realistically you have a lot of different options...

Related
3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

You are here
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation
Home
Pros
Forum