Join Login
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation

The NBN Rollout and What it means to the new Home owner

Page 3 of 3
Hi mate,

Where did you buy the enclosure & how much does it cost.

Installed mine a couple weeks ago.
Hi Nigel,

Looks good. We're did you buy this .How much is the cost and model no please.

jomesh007
Hi Nigel,

Looks good. We're did you buy this .How much is the cost and model no please.

I have a trade account at my local electrical wholesaler but you be able to get it for around $200. All of the info is here http://builtboards.com.au/nbn-enclosures/
Looking nice
aas
Hi All,
I did a simple diagram showing the NBN connection. Could someone please confirm or comment if what i'm thinking is correct.

Thank you in advance.

How do I work this if I am building a new house in an area where NBN isn't available yet (knocking down old house - so not a new estate) We will also only have access to HFC. We are also subdividing which, as part of that process means houses need to be NBN ready.

We want data points in an up stairs bedroom, to be able to connect 2 pc's via ethernet and also be able to connect the TV via ethernet too. Ideally we'd have the central hub/wireless router with the TV. However, since NBN isn't available yet, but our house will be NBN bready(don't even know what that entails), what should we do with our build?
nigel01
Installed mine a couple weeks ago.

Sorry to revive an old post.
I have a similar NBN enclosure installed by my builder back in 2016; since then I got the NBN and I have been leaving the NBN modem 'hanging' at the bottom of the enclosure.

How did you manage to 'stick' your appliances into the back panel? consider no 'bracket' / 'rail' is provided; using 3M adhesive?

Thank you
Related
28/09/2023
NEW BUILD - HIA - BUILDER GROUNDS TO TERMINATE IF OWNER DOES

Building A New House

Sorry but you have a crap builder. Probably too late now. For our last build I only spoke to builders who would allow me easy access (at no cost). I used my own sparky…

17/01/2024
Liaison between owner builder and engineer

Building A New House

The engineering is the engineering. It's irrelevant how much material you have. Unless it fits the requirements of your design the engineer can't "make"it work. You might…

You are here
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation
Home
Pros
Forum