Join Login
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation

Finishing the theatre...

Page 1 of 1
One of the things that I have been leaving was the wiring in the theatre room.

With a few really hot days outside I decided to work inside the house and this was one of the jobs that needed to be completed.

Up until doing this I had just had the cables hanging out of teh wall. Although ugly it worked well!

The first step was to cut a hole in the wall to allow for a hinged door to be put in.

The next step was to cut out a pice of 9mm mdf to fill the hole and add some hinges.

Once the door was installed all the cables were cut to length and marked for later.

The door is then removed, the outer trim fitted and the door painted to match the colour of the wall. All the cables are striped back ready to be fitted to the wallplates.

All the wall plates are fitted and marked as to their use with a dymolabel maker.

All the components are hooked up and tested to make sure that everything is wired up correctly and that everything fits together, door closes etc.

The components are then fitted into the stand and the wiring is tidied up behind.

This is the end result.

The pictures on the wall were my birthday presents from the family..

The room is just about finished now!

**Phoenix**
:evil:

How long did that take to do P???????
10 minutes????

I would not be game to have a room like that in my house! Glen would hook up is computers to the screen, lounge back in those wonderful arm chairs and would never see daylight again!

……….Might get the builder in………

Loving ya house Matt!
Looks great Matt! I love your work

BTW hows the room are you happy with it?
kiwi056,

this help??

**Phoenix**

Sorry Matt, no offence implied by my above post......http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee299/matthewnathan/Emoticons/36_19_5.gif

Just some serious theatre envy!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee299/matthewnathan/Emoticons/23a8c6c8.gif

Grrrrrrr...... i'll tuck it back in now!!!! LOL

Have to admit...... i gasped when i saw the wall cut out though....thinking OMG what has he done!!!!!

Nice job..... really nice job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
**Phoenix**
**Phoenix**

Sorry Matt, no offence implied by my above post......http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee299/matthewnathan/Emoticons/36_19_5.gif

Just some serious theatre envy!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee299/matthewnathan/Emoticons/23a8c6c8.gif

Grrrrrrr...... i'll tuck it back in now!!!! LOL

Have to admit...... i gasped when i saw the wall cut out though....thinking OMG what has he done!!!!!

Nice job..... really nice job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No i'm serious... we've just watched a fantastic (newly released) movie and i couldn't crank it up loud....

Mish, you don't know how hard it is to be without a theatre!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's killing me.....BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wouldn’t know because I’ve never had it.

Glen likes to go to the theatre, I can’t stand it, the seats are too uncomfortable.
But imagine Gold Class in your own home
....that's what it's like...(but you need to make your own food & drinks...LOL)

Hey Matt, which film strips did you get for your birthday????
**Phoenix**
But imagine Gold Class in your own home
....that's what it's like...(but you need to make your own food & drinks...LOL)

Hey Matt, which film strips did you get for your birthday????

I got The Godfather, Transformers (of course) and The Simpsons...

Very Happy
mattwalker
I got The Godfather, Transformers (of course) and The Simpsons...

Very Happy

Thanks for the reply Matt.

Transformers!!!!!!!!!! Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink:

Hmmm i'm currently scouring the net looking for Transformers movie posters or signed pic's and memorabilia for our theatre... also I am Legend, Oceans 11/12/13 and some Mad Max stuff too.

Are the pic's signed???
mattwalker

WRONG WRONG bloody wrong!

What careless disregard for your new carpet!

Should have been properly covered and masked along the skirting before any of that stuff. Naughty boy

S'pose you gave it a quick vac after, eh? Well here's your next job....

Get the vac out and give the area a concentrated vacuum for 10-15 minutes, including getting the crevice tool into the edges. That's not enough! Do it more.

I dunno....... some people!
Hey Phoenix, have you seen I Am Legend yet?

Beware....
for those who haven't it may not be what you were expecting... (most people I know who've seen it were more than just disappointed - some were quite cross!).

Transformers posters - oh yeah. I Am Legend posters - better be sure....
Rodda
Hey Phoenix, have you seen I Am Legend yet?

Beware....
for those who haven't it may not be what you were expecting... (most people I know who've seen it were more than just disappointed - some were quite cross!).

Transformers posters - oh yeah. I Am Legend posters - better be sure....

Hey Rod, yes we saw it 2 weeks ago......LOVED IT..........but then again, i am a Will Smith fan...

I suppose everyone has different tastes in movies, we are looking for the original movie and the re-make (Omega Man) with Charleton Hesten to appreciate the differences made to the 3rd movie...
Related
19/05/2023
Finishing standards - advice needed

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Don't think they are designed for double brick. WA has a particular way of building and unfortunately that's the way a large amount of sills are finished.

You are here
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation
Home
Pros
Forum