Join Login
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation

in ceiling speakers

Page 1 of 1
what do you think of the polk rc60i in ceiling speakers
does anyone have these and are they good for ht
Hi

I think that for speakers you really have to listen for yourself.

I have used in-ceiling speakers from Krix before and been very happy with them. They have an enclosure around the speaker rather than being open to the roof space, which I think would help to improve the bass.

I only used the in-ceiling speakers for the rear/surround channels. I do know that some people do use in-ceiling for front/centre but personally I don't think the sound would be directional enough.

Paul
hi jayliam,

its better to use in wall speaker rather than in ceiling. they are good for ambient or background music only.

cheers
henry
Hi Henry,

I could not disagree more strongly.

After hearing some in ceiling speakers from manufacturers such as Krix they have come a long, long way in the last few years.

A good set of ceiling speakers (combined with a good subwoofer) is a definate option in today's homes where space is at a premium.

oh and to the OP - I am not a massive fan of the Polk's - I think there is better value to be had if you shop around.
mattwalker
Hi Henry,

I could not disagree more strongly.

After hearing some in ceiling speakers from manufacturers such as Krix they have come a long, long way in the last few years.

A good set of ceiling speakers (combined with a good subwoofer) is a definate option in today's homes where space is at a premium.

oh and to the OP - I am not a massive fan of the Polk's - I think there is better value to be had if you shop around.

Matt,

What about The UAC-8.2 from Emotiva?> For Jayliam
Link: http://emotiva.com/uac82.shtm

Serentity.
hi,
i am also looking at in ceiling speakers...
any comments or opinions on Paradigm in ceiling speakers PV series?

going to match it with a Marantz SR4002

esm
boston acoustics come highly recomended too, they even have an inwall sub....if you have a wall thick enough to put it in lol
As a reseller of both Boston Acoustics and Paradigm speakers I say this: Both are excellent brands with great quality, pedigree, and most importantly sound, but I found quite a few years ago (and it still holds true today) that Paradigm ask for less $$ for theirs.

So it's simple - with Paradigm you get more bang for your buck (and the bang is as good as any quality speaker manufacturer on the market....)
I suppose ceiling speakers are good for bedrooms, WIR, bathrooms, were you do not want the music to be so loud - due to the small size of the rooms. Or also verandas i suppose...
Or there are other solutions smarter that ceiling speakers for these?
Actually will in ceiling speakers (such as the Paradigm SA-15R-SM, so only one speaker over the bath) be a good idea for bathrooms, where there is moisture? Or would outdoor speakers be better?

I'm looking at connecting it up to my Sonos.
As long as the grille of the speaker is made from Aluminum and the speaker is a poly material it will work in just about any environment!
Related
17/06/2023
How to remove ceiling air con vent?

General Discussion

How do you remove one of these ceiling air con vents? And is it possible to disconnect the duct joined to the vent from inside the house, without going into the roof cavity?

28/06/2023
Leaks on ceiling

General Discussion

There is water getting into the ceiling, I expected to find some holes in the corrugated roof but there weren't any so I suspect that the roof drip edge is letting water…

2/07/2023
Cracks Where a Wall Meets the Ceiling in garage

General Discussion

It sounds like you have a crack in your garage where the wall meets the ceiling, along the shadow line on the…

You are here
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation
Home
Pros
Forum