Join Login
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation

Sound insulation - villaboard cf sound check

Page 1 of 1
I have 2 rooms that need soundproofing either side of a bathroom. We need to fill in a doorway on one side (the wall is single brick) and create a stud wall on the other side.

In 1 room the other side of the stud wall is the inside of a cupbord/wardrobe so the finish isn't really an issue.

On the other side of the filled in doorway will be bedroom wall. The rest of this wall is rendered single brick and I don't intend to reline the whole wall so it will always look different to the wall finish.

The bathroom will have Villaboard 12mm on one side then SoundScreen rockwool batts in the cavity for insulation and sound proofing. The question is what should I use on the other side of the wall, Villaboard 12mm or Sound check?

Builder suggested using Villaboard 12mm on the other room side instead of Sound check 10mm or 13mm.

How much difference will that single layer of Sound check / Villaboard 12mm make to transmission of sounds?
Now I'm using villaboard on the bathroom wall side of the the timber stud wall, insulation and then firecheck plasterboard on the other side of the wall.

How do you keep the insulation off the villaboard? Use a sheet of viscreen/builders plastic?
Related
14/06/2023
What anchor/screw to use to mount to villaboard>airgap>brick

Bathrooms and Laundry

If what you describe is correct then the brick wall has been dry lined with villa board. That basically means that the villa board is glued to the brick wall with…

5/12/2023
Control Joints in Villaboard for a Bathroom

Bathrooms and Laundry

Hi All, First time poster. I was hoping to get some advice on villaboard installation within a bathroom. I have installed villaboard before, in a laundry. I think I did…

20/06/2023
What's unreasonable to check during a final inspection ?

Building A New House

i would suggest nothing is unreasonable for PCI. we did all sorts, including checking the hot water, checking all the GPO's had power, testing that the showers were…

You are here
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation
Home
Pros
Forum