Join Login
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation

What TV antenna to install in North Brisbane area?

Page 1 of 1
Hi,
just purchasing a new house in north Brisbane and need to have a TV antenna installed for Free to Air. Does anyone have information on what type we need to install??
The installer should know based on your location what is suitable. Alternatively if you are doing it yourself you could ring Hills Antenna division and tell them your postcode/location and they should be able to tell you the correct model based your signal strength and probably order one at the same time.
Thanks Mozzie, good advice. I'm tossing up whether to do myself, so will see what they recommend and if I can do it. I don't want someone tramping all over the new tiled roof so am concerned about that. I haven'y had a house with tiled roof previously so am a bit concerned about maintaining the waterproff integrity.
for a tiled roof it can go inside the roof... one more option..
Homer Onerous
Hi,
just purchasing a new house in north Brisbane and need to have a TV antenna installed for Free to Air. Does anyone have information on what type we need to install??

PAGE :73 .. http://www.clipsal.com.au/trade/__data/page/81/D75.pdf
hi,
it really depends on what kind of channels you're looking for...if it's greek channels, then you need K-band dish, 65cm, if it's Indian then it will be C-band dish which is big 2.3m...so if you want to find out what dish you need, google your free-to-air channels and read about what's dish required for getting these channels...
Anton_D
hi,
it really depends on what kind of channels you're looking for...if it's greek channels, then you need K-band dish, 65cm, if it's Indian then it will be C-band dish which is big 2.3m...so if you want to find out what dish you need, google your free-to-air channels and read about what's dish required for getting these channels...

Other then the fact the OP is asking about FTA TV (Free to Air) not Satilite services
Related
28/01/2024
TV Antenna / LAN faceplate

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Brilliant - thanks so much for that. I didn't want to start pulling too hard on it if there was some other way it was attached, but yep, it was just the paint sticking it…

12/06/2023
CDC Housing Code 3: Gross Floor Area vs Floor Area

Building A New House

CDC Housing Code 3 When to apply Floor Area external face of wall vs Gross Floor Area internal face of wall. Reading thru CDC Housing Code 3, lets take a lot 915sqm.…

26/08/2023
Leftover Materials - Supply and Install

Building A New House

That's a fantastic result! Happy you got it sorted out. cheers Simeon

You are here
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation
Home
Pros
Forum