Join Login
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation

Williams landing internet

Page 1 of 1
Anybody in Williams landing got internet broadband?
I contacted Telstra and they say there's nothing there. Still wanted me to buy a phone though!

Do we have any options there at the moment? Or is it the usual story of make people suffer until the market's there before they put in the infastructure.
Glawsterboy
Anybody in Williams landing got internet broadband?
I contacted Telstra and they say there's nothing there. Still wanted me to buy a phone though!

Do we have any options there at the moment? Or is it the usual story of make people suffer until the market's there before they put in the infastructure.

When you say Williams Landing do you mean the new estate or the Wyndham waters side. The new estate has infrastructure in place and adsl2 is fine - I signed with Internode via their Telstra reseller service and get fast speeds no probs. My understanding is the Wyndham waters estate does not have the same infrastructure in place so broadband is near impossible to get
Thanks,
I'm building on the new estate (McLachlan Drive).
I wonder if it's because I'm not physically connected to a telstra line yet that it shows on the system that there is nothing available?
I would of thought the system would be smarter than that but we are talking Telstra here
We were also told by Telstra that that they could not tell us if internet was available until we have the lines run. We knew we would get ADSL2 and went ahead. Very good speed, particularly because it is fibre optic to the ISAM down the road, then copper for only a short distance.
Thanks for the info Tornado, who's your ISP?
Am I right that it's only telstra that has their hardware available and other companies just resell it?
I've seen some great deals from companies like TPG but they're definately not at WL
I live in WL and have ADSL2+ from Telstra. If you don't have a phone line yet..just get your neighbours number and check with the service providers iinet, ineternode, Telstra etc.. They should be able to tell you the plans available.
Glawsterboy
Thanks for the info Tornado, who's your ISP?
Am I right that it's only telstra that has their hardware available and other companies just resell it?
I've seen some great deals from companies like TPG but they're definately not at WL

All Telstra reseller should be available in WL estate (ex. iPrimus, internode, etc)

If you want to know what are the available ISP in you property, you can go to the following website.
Just type in your address then choose any plan that is suitable for you.

http://yourbroadband.com.au/
Hi all,

my land is located in kingwell neighbourhood stage 1 (williams landing estate)
title this feb 2012

and currently try to find a builder.

for estate requirement
Porter davis quote me for fiber optic trench for $465

Urbanedge quote me for fiber opti, NBN co package for $654

but burbank quote me for telstra velocity package for $ 2350
it is way to expensive to other builder

and it seems that the cheapest option for burbank to implement finer optic

anyone knows what the requirement to build house for fiber optic.
what is the different testra velocity and NBn co?

i don't want to be lock withtelstra because they usually price more expensive than others like TPG, etc

what is the cheapest option to implement fiber optic in this estate? is NBN co enough?

thanks
According to Cedar Woods Winter 2011 newsletter, it looks like Telstra has ceased the rollout of copper infrastructure in Stages 5-8 at Williams Landing. They've also applied for fibre infrastructure for future stages, being Ashcroft Stage 9 and Kingwell Stages 1 – 3 and has received confirmation from NBN that Williams Landing is within NBN’s fibre footprint, with agreements soon to be executed.

Not sure of the progress since then - but I think this limits our options to optic fiber or wireless infrastructure only.

I don't think builders should be charging additional fees (e.g. $465, $654, $2350 mentioned above for the packages) on top of original inclusions for copper phone points.

Anyone know what the material costs are like in comparison?
Related
29/05/2023
Stair landing on slanted driveway.

Renovation + Home Improvement

thanks Chippy, that's a awesome suggestion.

10/03/2024
Fittting Lower Ground entry door/landing in 2200mm of FFL

Renovation + Home Improvement

I am looking to design an entry door to a lower ground basement that has 2200mm between the external entry height to FFL of the ground floor. This door will provide an…

You are here
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation
Home
Pros
Forum