Join Login
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation

Any one heard of "invisible" speakers?

Page 1 of 1
Saw this web site which talks about "Segretto Invisible speaker", wonder if it's any good??

http://www.livingstoneaudio.com.au/page ... e_id=22892

It did mention "Wife Acceptance Factor"......
Hey Allen, checked out their website, i like the idea of the screen goo!
Not sure of pricing though.....

Hey Matt / Rod, what is your feedback on these products?
Yep - Nature comes to mind

Steve
ahuang
Saw this web site which talks about "Segretto Invisible speaker", wonder if it's any good??

http://www.livingstoneaudio.com.au/page ... e_id=22892

It did mention "Wife Acceptance Factor"......

Personally I have no experience with this product so it would be unfair to comment however a good set of in-wall speakers would possible acheive a better sound being a more direct image to the listener as opposed to a harmonic field...
**Phoenix**
Hey Allen, checked out their website, i like the idea of the screen goo!
Not sure of pricing though.....

Hey Matt / Rod, what is your feedback on these products?

Personally I want my image to be 2 things:

1 Completely flat and free of any imperfections

2 Very white.

Screen Goo is designed to be painted onto any surface and help in reflecting a projected image. With the contrast ratios of todays technology a white screen with a 1.0 gain is all that is required in most cases.

If the surface being painted was completely flat and completely free of imperfections then it could be an option.

If screen goo is applied to a wall any colour other than white it will affect the contrast / brightness and colour.

If it is going on a white wall then for the costs of screen goo a good screen can be had.

There are some good uses for this product but a room that is mainly used for home cinema I would recommend a screen in most circumstances.

Matt
Regarding screens, and Screen Goo, also remember that having a black border around your screen is very effective at making sure you have a sharp defined edge to the image you view.

Also, by absorbing any little bits of "light smudge" (to coin a term) at the edges, or slight distortion or any other natural/normal artifacts created by a projector's lens, the angle of projection, etc., it gives you nice straight and parallel borders, guaranteed.

Rather than attempting to achieve this with a material you have to paint on yourself, after you've properly prepared the surface, I believe it a lot simpler to hang a fixed screen, and your chances of a perfect result go way up.

Also, if you consider how many hours would be involved in all of the above, you'll most likely find hanging a fixed screen the cheaper option too.

Now, invisible speakers. These are a great option where hiding the speakers is actually more important than the quality of the sound they produce. The technology used to be able to produce sound from a diaphragm that is essentially plastered into your wall has limits on how well/easily it actually procuces many/all of the frequencies you'd normally hear from a traditional type of speaker.

It is a lot easier to get a lot better sound from many much cheaper options.
Related
25/09/2023
Invisible Channel Fix Glass Fencing

Pools & Spas

Need to remove glass panel out of concrete without wrecking the glass to get the spa room in, any recommendations on how to do that. Thank you

22/10/2023
Weird older Shower Unit, Does Any one know anything about it

Bathrooms and Laundry

I had an old shower unit that broke on me and when I took it off, there were only 2 water pipes, instead of the normal 2 water pipes and a shower head pipe. S o I…

10/07/2023
Orange rust spots one driveway

Building A New House

Very common on rendered homes Smaller suppliers get the lower quality raw materials

You are here
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation
Home
Pros
Forum