Join Login
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation

Sound bars

Page 1 of 1
HI
Im after some advice on sound bars, Ive heard good things about them as a substitute for full home surround sound. Anyone had experience with these and can advise a good brand and model...Thanks
This type of thing has been around for a while - Nakamichi brought out the Nero system about 6 years ago which did (faux) 6.1 with 2 speaker boxes and a sub.

The reality is that while these are so called substitutes for a proper surround sound setup it's still not the same - the only tools they have to try to simulate sound coming from beside and even behind you is to potentially angle some of the drivers and use complicated (or not) software to add delays and reverb to the original soundtrack.

I have not yet heard one that made me think twice about having a proper surround sound setup. To me they are just a slight improvement on the TV's own speakers (and many TVs have faux surround simulation modes as well).
Related
13/06/2023
Sound Proof Modular Fence recommendations

Outdoor Living

Hi We have a road close to our place and only an old flimsy wooden fence between us and the Neighbour closest to the road. Any ideas on a sound proof modular fence. Like…

9/11/2023
Rainwater tank - screaming sound

General Discussion

Grate, thank you! RexChan if thats the reason i could sleep well without thinking about additional cost. But 1st i'll need to read about NRV cleaning/replaing stuff. I…

You are here
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation
Home
Pros
Forum