Join Login
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation

Thinking of Not pre-wiring

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of not pre-wiring my home theatre during construction. Setting up the home theatre is not a prirority at the moment.

Anyway, my question is; are there any suggestions to keep the wires tidy? Do people just run the cable from the amp to the speakers with the wires laid out on the floor? Or would it be better to tack them to the wall?

I'm just curious as to what others have done without prewiring the home theatre.
I cannot find the photos but I negotiated with my site super to drill holes in noggins and run rope thru the so I could pull cabling through later.
we went in before plaster and drilled noddins and ran so string and noted on a copy of plans so when time comes it will be easy
Adrian B
I cannot find the photos but I negotiated with my site super to drill holes in noggins and run rope thru the so I could pull cabling through later.

Would love to see the pictures Adrian. When you say noggins, isn't that part of the frame near the joints? So you drilled holes in the frame and ran rope through a hole in the plaster wall as well?
Related
18/07/2023
Current thinking on garage floor level with house floor

Building A New House

isn't a garage level with the rest of the house a given? pretty sure they 'came around' long time ago. if you have a flat block, the garage is usually level with the rest…

7/06/2023
Renting knock-down rebuild pre council/demolition

Building A New House

We've had the offer of a short term tenant whilst waiting for CDC/DA home approval and demolition for our knock down rebuild. It would achieve a pretty low rent as it's…

20/06/2023
Pre-construction stage- Variations taking 6+ weeks to comple

General Discussion

The fastest thing a builder will do is bank your cheque, those systems work perfectly with lightning speed, everything else is slow burn. Just the way it is.

You are here
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation
Home
Pros
Forum