Join Login
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation

Automation Advice Required

Page 1 of 1
Hi All

I am looking for advice in home automation. I have absolutely no idea on technology but from what I have seen I would like to achieve below based on pricing.

I would like to automate
A) Lights - they turn on/off when people are enter/leave room. Able to see what lights on and off if required from app not just when you are home, not sure if it’s called global wifi not local one.
B) Lights - when you are walking downstairs at night they should turn on dim lights to walk safe
C) Doors - I would like to know whether external doors are locked or not
D) External Door - you should be able to open When visitors/kids come home rather than walking all the way to the door to open it
E) Home theatre room - once projector is on I want the lights go off and the rest like AV, woofers turned on and curtains slide and once projector is off lights to turn on and other appliances turn off.
F) Garage Door opens - when car arrives and lights turn on.
G) Door Bell - like Ring where you can see who is at the door
H) security cameras to send notification of images if anyone is at the door

I am not sure if we have to go hard wired solution as these things may be redundant in no time, I saw a video Alexa doing the lights on and off thing, turning music on but I am not sure if that can help me achieve all the things I want to.
I read some where that the centralised ducted vaccum systems are getting replaced by Dyson and Robo vacuums, it may not be true.
Thanks in Advance, please excuse my lack of knowledge in this area.
Reddy79
Hi All

I am looking for advice in home automation. I have absolutely no idea on technology but from what I have seen I would like to achieve below based on pricing.

I would like to automate
A) Lights - they turn on/off when people are enter/leave room. Able to see what lights on and off if required from app not just when you are home, not sure if it’s called global wifi not local one.
B) Lights - when you are walking downstairs at night they should turn on dim lights to walk safe
C) Doors - I would like to know whether external doors are locked or not
D) External Door - you should be able to open When visitors/kids come home rather than walking all the way to the door to open it
E) Home theatre room - once projector is on I want the lights go off and the rest like AV, woofers turned on and curtains slide and once projector is off lights to turn on and other appliances turn off.
F) Garage Door opens - when car arrives and lights turn on.
G) Door Bell - like Ring where you can see who is at the door
H) security cameras to send notification of images if anyone is at the door

I am not sure if we have to go hard wired solution as these things may be redundant in no time, I saw a video Alexa doing the lights on and off thing, turning music on but I am not sure if that can help me achieve all the things I want to.
I read some where that the centralised ducted vaccum systems are getting replaced by Dyson and Robo vacuums, it may not be true.
Thanks in Advance, please excuse my lack of knowledge in this area.

Hi,
We are Sydney based smart light switch supplier. We will release a new range in next couple of weeks which is a multi-function mesh WiFi LCD smart light switch. Compatible with Google Assistant, Alexa, Apple Homekit and Home Assistant. Please contact us if you need more info.

http://www.ctec.com.au/the-mirror-range

Thanks

Related
8/12/2023
Electrical - Sub distribution box/lighting automation

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

1. optional, you can but normally just use the earth from the main switch board 2. should be enough but the distance determines voltage drop - sparky should work it…

2/01/2024
Please advice, are roof flashings required at the end of the

General Discussion

Minimum overhang into gutter must be 50mm, turn down tool should not split the sheet. it seems wrong tool for the profile was used, the flashing cannot slope back. Rib…

27/07/2023
Weep holes required?

General Discussion

I know foam has been around since the 90's and CSR started manufacturing Hebel in 1989, so it's definitely possible

You are here
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation
Home
Pros
Forum