Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Home theatre and Bar 🍺🍻

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone building new home with home theatre and/or bar...or both.. .please share some thoughts or even pics.. I do not want to spend too much.. But still wants to do small upgrade to look it cool😊..so any thoughts to upgrade home theatre and bar without spending too much...thanks guys
We are building a bar off our theatre room, mainly because it was leftover space that we wanted to make useful. Our joiner is custom making the bar area and matching media unit. It’s not really budget friendly though. Do you have plans or a space you want to work with
?

gogo65
We are building a bar off our theatre room, mainly because it was leftover space that we wanted to make useful. Our joiner is custom making the bar area and matching media unit. It’s not really budget friendly though. Do you have plans or a space you want to work with
?

Hi.. Thanks for the response. I am thinking to set a bar somewhere in Theatre room coz my Theatre room is quite spacious. Am planning to set it on one side of the wall.. Like i said before, don't want to spend too much.. Just enough to have a bar in a house😊..also m not putting projector in Theatre room.. Will be a big screen tv so i think will have enough space to put a bar there. Did you have pics of your bar or is still work in progress?
Thanks
gogo65
?

Also the plan looks great👍
What do you really mean under "the bar"? Just a a shelf with few drinks, small freezer and a bench?
alexp79
What do you really mean under "the bar"? Just a a shelf with few drinks, small freezer and a bench?

Hello.. Yea pretty much same.. Just basic.. Shelf with glass door.. Freezer, bench or chairs and of course drinks🍻🍻...i guess u can't really do much with the bar..still if anyone upgraded, plz share pics.
Thanks🙌
Our bar is a work in progress but will basically be from left to right, sink, double cupboard, bar fridge (we’ve bought the coco cola fridge) we originally had some overhead cupboards and open shelf but removed it as we would prefer to put some art there. We plan on putting a red popcorn machine on the bench. Cost was around 3k, but now I’ve removed the top cupboards assume it will be around the $1500-2000 for poly cupboards and stone bench (in saying that we are getting a lot of joinery so may or may not be market value), no space for seats or chairs. We did this because in our previous house we (generally my son and hubby) would take an esky in to the theatre room so they had easy access to drinks 😂
gogo65
?

Love love love your layout! I wanted to do something similar but couldn't.

My friend had something similar and he just got the people from Ikea to do it for him. Was cheaper I believe. Wasn't stone benchtop but at least it was serviceable as a bar-esque area.

Call me crazy but man, I think I would have combined your games and home theatre area. hahah, 4 rows of seats.
Haha! Not sure anyone needs a 10m theatre.. 5.5m will be fine, we have two sets of 4 leather recliners from our last house, so they will go fit nicely, I do love the bar and really it was just to use the space. We are doing some funky cabinetry for a bit of fun with stone top. Thinking we may do velvet curtains in there for a bit of luxe..
gogo65
Haha! Not sure anyone needs a 10m theatre.. 5.5m will be fine, we have two sets of 4 leather recliners from our last house, so they will go fit nicely, I do love the bar and really it was just to use the space. We are doing some funky cabinetry for a bit of fun with stone top. Thinking we may do velvet curtains in there for a bit of luxe..

Whaaat? If anything everyone NEEDS a 15m theatre. haha. Looking forward to the final outcome. Velvet curtains definitely adds to the luxe feeling.
Related
20/01/2024
swivel bar towel holder

Bathrooms and Laundry

Please suggest a solid quality swivel bar towel holder in bathrooms & bedrooms from…

3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

18/09/2023
Home loan and landscaping change in price

Home Finance

Hi, you've probably already resolved this, however, Commbank will probably pay the funds to you after you send evidence the work is done regardless the change in the quotes.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum