Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes DayDream 28 Build

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

My wife Claire and I (Jakob) are starting our adventure in building our first house. We are building in Wilton, Sydney, NSW and have a corner block 762 m2.

We have chosen Coral Homes as our builder and the Daydream 28 as our home design. We have done a mirror image/swapped the house around so as the garage is on the left hand side of the build. Also the Master bedroom en suit has been modified.

We first went into Coral on the 18/06/2020 to have a look at dispay homes and get the current inclusions. Roniel Prakesh, is our sales rep and is fantastic very easy going and down to earth.

We then got our first home estimate on the 27/06/2020 the base house price was $235,200, and wasn't that a stunning figure to glace upon, for a second that is. Below is the estimate prices/ allowances as we wait for our Tender.

Facade

Hamptons facade $18,490

Promotions we have selected

We have selected the Designer Luxury bundle along with the display home look, an additional $999 & $2499.

European kitchen appliances 900mm $999.

2550 HIgh ceilings $1999

Build in steel colorbond roof, steel frames, 6.5kw solar system. $999

Additional Variations not as promotions

Provide allowance for 2700mm high ceilings in lieu of 2550mm $4500

Provide allowance for wrap our facade $9000

Provide allowance for frame less shower to en suit and main bathroom. $1200

Provide allowance for floor to ceiling tiles to en suit and main bathroom. $1500

Provide allowance for 4 x pot draws. $436

Provide laminex silk finish to kitchen. $2500

Provide allowance for waterfall ceaser stone edges to island bench. $2500

Provide allowance for under mount sink. $350

Provide allowance for slab and tiling to outdoor living and portico. $5500

Supply and install Dakin 18.0 kw 3 phase reverse cycle ducted air conditioner. $13,916

Site Costs

I have added some extra meat in the site costs as i didn't want any surprises after soil tests were completed.

Provide foundation and site preparation allowance $11,000
H1 class foundation in lieu of S class
750 cut and fill
pier allowance

Provide surface water grate allowance - H1 class soil $1500
Provide temp fencing material handling/access issue allowance $1500

Provide additional allowance for site costs if required. $11,000

provide NBN/opticom package to house $387

Provide allowance for council fees $5500

Basic Requirements for Sydney allowance $14,500

Which brings the Total estimated cost to $339,757.80

We signed the Preliminary agreement on the 27/06/2020. which is a one off $1750 which gets them to send out and get the soil test, contour tests and depth testing done.

We have run into a bit of an issue with our land not settling until next week on the 14/08/2020 so only some of the tests were allowed to be done via Lendlease who still technically own the land. We were not meant to settle until the 15/9/2020 but have moved the date up to stop delaying the build. This should see us have the tender from coral homes a few days after they can conduct the final depth pier testing.

Until then let me know if you have any advice for a novice home builder on what to look out for in my tender and any of the prices in the estimate are not right.

Nice plan. Have you made allowances for flooring and electrical?
Hey Jakob,

We too are building with Coral, the San Marino 30. We had Ronny as our SC, and like you found him absolutely fantastic to deal with!

My biggest suggestion is be prepared to spend alot more than the initial qoute, as site costs, upgrades in electrical, tile & colours appointment has pretty much blew up our budget. But in saying that we are still finding for the size of our house and with all the upgrades we have added, Coral homes has still come out cheaper than other builders we sussed out.

Also there's a great Facebook page called 'people building with coral homes Aus wide' with heaps of helpful tips and advice.
bestspecials
Nice plan. Have you made allowances for flooring and electrical?

Yes we are doing flooring after or just before skirts if we can get it past them. Ive set aside 15k for flooring we are using engineered oak floorboards from preference and wool carpet from carpet court. Timber with install should be around 9 glue fixed, and carpet is around 6 with a mate doing the install.

Im also an electrician so ill do a lot of the extra after just getting the standard with the build.

Any suggestions?
David212
Hey Jakob,

We too are building with Coral, the San Marino 30. We had Ronny as our SC, and like you found him absolutely fantastic to deal with!

My biggest suggestion is be prepared to spend alot more than the initial qoute, as site costs, upgrades in electrical, tile & colours appointment has pretty much blew up our budget. But in saying that we are still finding for the size of our house and with all the upgrades we have added, Coral homes has still come out cheaper than other builders we sussed out.

Also there's a great Facebook page called 'people building with coral homes Aus wide' with heaps of helpful tips and advice.

Hi thanks for the advice, I have signed up to both of the facebook pages.

How much more are we talking? i mean we have 25k in site costs and its looking to be a fairly standard M class slab with no out of the ordinary expense. Electrical wise did you have the 18kw dakin ducted system installed and did you have to pay extra for the 3 phase connection to the house or is it included in the $13,916. Also in your bathrooms were you able to choose 450mm tiles instead of the 300x300 for your flooring?
Hey Jakob, your plan is very nice!
Have bought quite a few appliances in the last couple of years, Bosch is a favorite of mine.
If you are talking about regular kitchen appliances I would recommend European, I love kitchen aid. As for me, European appliances are the best kitchen appliances, they are a beautiful addition to any kitchen.
They are the absolute top of the line and are the standard for luxury kitchens.
hi Jacob,
found your blog as me and my husband in a process of building our home and Coral is one of the builder that we considered. May I know what is the biggest factor for you to chose Coral to other builders? I know that they are popular in QLD but many mixed reviews in NSW. Also, how much they quoted the driveway for your home?
polo3
hi Jacob,
found your blog as me and my husband in a process of building our home and Coral is one of the builder that we considered. May I know what is the biggest factor for you to chose Coral to other builders? I know that they are popular in QLD but many mixed reviews in NSW. Also, how much they quoted the driveway for your home?

We are doing the driveway separate from the build as all builder overcharge for any concrete other then the slab. Every builder has horror stories, but coral has been reasonably priced with what we are hoping will be to there very good finish it doesn't look or feel cheap when you walk through there showrooms and its not all talk there facades are very reasonably priced. We went with the hamponts and with rawson homes which was our 1st preferred builder they were over priced and had very little to show for your frontage.
Jakob M
polo3
hi Jacob,

We are doing the driveway separate from the build as all builder overcharge for any concrete other then the slab. Every builder has horror stories, but coral has been reasonably priced with what we are hoping will be to there very good finish it doesn't look or feel cheap when you walk through there showrooms and its not all talk there facades are very reasonably priced. We went with the hamponts and with rawson homes which was our 1st preferred builder they were over priced and had very little to show for your frontage.

wow, we are actually in tender process with Rawson and still waiting for the tender presentation but also felt their facade options are limited. We thinking to get second tender from Coral because of their Hamptons looks. Thank you Jacob. Please keep us posted with the building progress.
Wilton is Mine subsidence. Has Coral homes or your certifier consulted the NSW mine subsidence board?

No issues if everything has been checked, just a friendly experience motivated question for your own follow up.

Enjoy your new build and congratulations
i believe my next door neighbor is building this same floorplan in Bingara Gorge

i think you will need to add another 50-70k to build a decent 28sq home in todays market especially with those additional variations you mentioned, once you hit the color studio you will see alot of things you didnt think were extras and all those small things add up.

i noticed you went for 2.7 ceilings... if the budget allows get all your doors , bulkheads , robes and stacker doors raised to 2400 and if inclined to do so you could have your windows made bigger to suit or atleast raise them to be level with the tops of doors and bulkheads
ps if you are over in greenbridge east you will more then likely only need an m class slab so there is a bit of a saving there
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum