Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Million dollar home in Perth

Page 5 of 6
AsxTradingGirl Riverstone custom homes will provide you with a detailed breakdown of item costs in their ‘Detailed Design’ that’s prepared after you have paid the approximate $20k 2% design fee, as they have provided to Shaidas. This information will allow you to price and consider externally sourced items like Shaidas did. Many clients building a custom home would expect this. Has Anna at Riverstone now confirmed this is what they will provide to you?
Kippers01
@AsxTradingGirl Riverstone custom homes will provide you with a detailed breakdown of item costs in their ‘Detailed Design’ that’s prepared after you have paid the approximate $20k 2% design fee, as they have provided to Shaidas. This information will allow you to price and consider externally sourced items like Shaidas did. Many clients building a custom home would expect this. Has Anna at Riverstone now confirmed this is what they will provide to you?

Hi Kippers01,
Yes, have talked with Anna, paid my 2% deposit and signed the PPA. Next stage is detailed design which I guess I was confused about, since I already received a quotation report and was already talking about things I’d like to add. Anyway, I guess we’ll be talking about ‘over/unders’, inclusions, variations over the next 4 weeks which I’m excited about! Then that will be fed into the contract.
We don’t have the time or the construction experience to do a lot ourselves and therefore feel it’s important to trust our builder. So far so good with Riverstone!
I have since confirmed Anna does work in Riverstone. I was wrong and am deeply apologetic for my rude words AsxTradingGirl . I hope you can forgive me. Anna is in sales and I have never met her in the offices or in the display homes. I have spoken to her. I have also PMed you my number.. very happy to assist in whatever capacity I can. As for the rest of you spirited people, I can see I have been a source of some entertainment with heckling if nothing else. I am happy to be of use
AsxTradingGirl Congratulations on taking this first step! Its great that Riverstone have confirmed they will provide you with the detailed breakdown of their costings and the flexibility in your contract to source some itens yourself, in addition to discussing the 'inclusions, under/overs, variations' etc. This level of detail and flexibility will allow you to shop around for some of the big ticket items like Shaidas has done, should you choose to do this of course.
shaidas
I have since confirmed Anna does work in Riverstone. I was wrong and am deeply apologetic

This has been a very good uniquely helpful thread with a high volume of visits. Welcome back to good health..
Yes very interesting..I gave a lot and got a lot ..I am in touch with AsxTradingGirl on PM.. hopefully I can help her out.. I am also now in touch with Anna Pearce so stay tuned folks. And btw to the guy who believes Burke is a big building company.. BGC is a big building company mate..I have met Michael Burke and he did not say **** off I do not want your million dollars .. quite the opposite, I went on site and he showed me what makes them so good. They are an excellent builder but you are wrong about their size and I have emails to prove that.

So let's see what my thread has got me so far ... loser, no awareness, my employees better off somewhere else , outrageous, quite a few adjectives received and a dentist even pitched in and helped out in proving I am not a doctor
but the person in question would not have got the info I posted if I had not started this thread . (Hint..Victim card ). All of these comments from people who are not building with Riverstone, some may not even be building !! some are not even in WA !!!

Actually funnily enough only James Zorzi directed me to their cheaper company since my budget was not enough for them. No one did say **** off though.. strange..maybe that does not work well for them

Now to the hecklers.. no one has insulted my mother and father yet ..just pointing out.. no point in being repetitive
..but do keep an eye out..maybe potential for further heckling here,

Edit- May help if you read the whole thread that would help you to heckle with something more meaningful
Hi shaidas
It's good to see that you have sorted things out with AsxTradingGirl
You obviously have some good insights to share with her and the homeone readers.

I think some people took a real objection to the way you responded to legitimate questions and the rapid change from helpful to rude on your part. I'm pleased you were able to admit that you were out of line and made the apologies necessary.

I know some posters love to go in heavy and throw insults around. Realistically being rude has no place on this forum as it does in real life. Some people just seem to default to that

A bit of humility from everyone will make this a better place for all.

All the best with your build. Let us know how it progresses. If you had of built with the Giorgi group I would have probably ended up working on it.
Seriously if anyone is considering Building with any of the above mentioned builders Do Not Defamed any builders directly on this forum.
But there is no reason why you can't send and reply to private messages.. use messaging wisely
Cheers
Chris
Donotcare
I had to sign up for this one since I wanted to comment. I am building with Riverstone, my second build with them. The first one where I stay was a Zorzi build. Riverstone are excellent at what they do which is why this is my second build. But what an excellent drama piece this one is. Well done to the person who started this, I wish I had your dedication to saving money when I started out. And while internet is new people are not. One person says burn the witch and the rest of the knuckle dragging villagers are there to support. pitch forks in hand and mouth.. which I think you already knew. You know by now that you made the right call with the builder. Now let me cut to the chase. You know the 2% and overs under stuff is BS and that is not how Riverstone works. You knew that and you still apologised. So what came out of it ? I don't even know why you apologised or started this thing to begin with to be honest but I am just curious. My guess is you were trying to get the proof by getting close to the shamster,

Not sure if that was a complement or a sarcastic remark but I shall consider it as a complement so thank you. You must be a politician if you saw through that move. Is that you Mark
. Can't be Mark because I know he does not live in a Zorzi built house I am PMing you the details but suffice to say, I gave the person my details and asked them to visit our site and never heard back. Given the reactions on my post I chose not to waste any more time here and only respond if someone has queries.

For anyone who finds this post online and would like some help or advice wrt Riverstone or my experience, please do not post on this thread, please PM me. Post is still open for criticisms though .. please feel free but do take the time to read through, I hate repetitive abuses

Edit- Donotcare looks like you found this post online while searching for Riverstone which is odd since you already know all about them but thanks for posting, at least the time I spent has not been wasted if someone finds this thread via google. I have sent you a PM. I really do not understand all the secrecy with the fancy names. You do realise all activity online is tracked by the government and if you have nothing to hide why not use your own name
StructuralBIMGuy
Seriously if anyone is considering Building with any of the above mentioned builders Do Not Defamed any builders directly on this forum.
But there is no reason why you can't send and reply to private messages.. use messaging wisely
Cheers
Chris

The whole purpose out here I thought was to help people who are building. What do you think you were doing when you told me to expect more costs from Riverstone a few posts back when I wrote they charged me 60k extra or have you already forgotten ? (joke)
Now since I am here may as well post an update, ground floor brick works was completed within 3 weeks and the site has been left clean as a whistle. I went and checked every single wall with a metre long level and found no problems anywhere. So far so good. The first floor slab goes down next week however I shall not be posting any more updates.. good or bad. If anyone is interested PM me
Hi Shiadas,

I have been reading your posts, which are really helpful and detailed. I am just curious about your progress. It would be great if you could provide an update on your house building project. Best wishes.
We are one month behind schedule and have been charged 60k more but barring that ..very happy with everything so far . Roof is going up now. Communication has been open and both supervisor and our liaison has been very helpful.

Thanks

Shai
Great to hear that. If you still remember, what was the reason you did not go with Averna homes. They have nice display houses. Cheers.
Averna are a newer younger company, the positive is a lot of things that Riverstone is not interested in experimenting with, they are , the negative is lack of experience may lead to inaccurate cost projections. With Riverstone, their software is crap, they do not provide decent 3d views, they will stick to what they know they do well and will not experiment or encourage new design ideas but they meet the 3 key criteria I was looking for. I chose Riverstone on the basis of value for money, quality of finished product and goodwill in the market.
Definitely experiment with the 3D Modelling software before you hand over any money
Unfortunately, when it comes later to the 2D engineering you might get your pants pulled down.
Views and Fake artistic renderings don't provide you will data/proofs
Enjoy the humour
3D Bim Experience
Cheers
Chris
Thanks for the informative.. 3d views definitely are helpful and should be essential but good builds have happened without them for a long time. I am very happy with my choice YMMV.
shaidas
Averna are a newer younger company, the positive is a lot of things that Riverstone is not interested in experimenting with, they are , the negative is lack of experience may lead to inaccurate cost projections. With Riverstone, their software is crap, they do not provide decent 3d views, they will stick to what they know they do well and will not experiment or encourage new design ideas but they meet the 3 key criteria I was looking for. I chose Riverstone on the basis of value for money, quality of finished product and goodwill in the market.

Do you have any insight into Residential Attitudes or Novus? Thank you:)
No idea about them. Were never on my radar sorry.
I’m building with Residential Attitudes. They are the mid tier arm of Oswalds (to which shaidas referred in an earlier post). They have some really cool designs and overall I am quite pleased with our build process so far.
Related
3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

16/05/2023
Best carpet deals in perth

Flooring & Floor Covering

Have you tried Parry's or Carpet Court?

29/01/2024
Building with Status Residential Perth, Yeah Nah?

Building A New House

What is your feedback of Status residential please ?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum