Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Lloyd 23 - ABC Homes New Build

Page 1 of 1
Hi all!

Been reading for a while and thought I would share my journey so far and continuously update throughout, considering I am just getting started. Would love to hear your ideas and experiences, as I am a long journey ahead of me!

I will be building the Lloyd23 on our 450m2 block. We have not made any structural upgrades, but will do a few upgrades later on which I will add in later posts.

Current Timeline:
3/7/20 - First appointment with Metricon
5/7/20 - Second appointment with Metricon, which turned into going with ABC (Paid holding deposit)
31/7/20 - Signed Land Contract (Paid deposit)
12/8/20 - Contract Appointment
26/8/20 - Selection Appointment
22/9/20 - New engineering plans received
24/9/20 - New home contract/Variations signed
28/9/20 - Bank pack received

I will also be building an other home (new topic) through Metricon, the sister company of ABC Homes - Australian Building Company. It is their Winchester 34
Selections have now been signed off on, there were some delays in receiving the bank pack. We were waiting on a new estimate on the site costs - we changed how the land was going to be cut and fill. Much cheaper to put a split in the garage, rather than cut the majority of the block.

Regarding selections we went really standard and mainly picked off one of their selection boards. The ABC builds are comparable to the home solution builds.
Related
10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

10/04/2024
Build experience - Trend Connection Homes

Building A New House

How has your experience been like so far?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum