Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone has built with escape homes/H&L/Victurnkey victoria

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has experience with Escape Homes. Their sales company is H and L or Victurnkey.

Please tell me about your experiences
I am interested as well to hear from Victorians who used H&L with Escape homes in West of Melbourne. Did they deliver on promises?
BOBdaBuild
They find any excuse to blasme everyone else - never accept responsibility.

Yes did you go through with Victurnkey or H&L
yuzeee2
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has experience with Escape Homes. Their sales company is H and L or Victurnkey.

Please tell me about your experiences

Yes we are building with them…… we have been allocated with Joestarr homes and it is just too frustrating experience. Everything is just getting delayed and delayed
yes
BenT26
yes

So has Escape rebranded to Joestarr?
Have never heard of them. We built through escape through H & L and it took a bit over 2 years. A nightmare
Yes this is what I was thinking have escape homes rebranded?
yuzeee2
Yes this is what I was thinking have escape homes rebranded?

I am not sure about Escape home rebranded. But this kind of builder specially Joestar should be reported.
Hey Ben,

what stage is your built at ? Ours is at fixing for 8 months now.
He never start, full of promises. He gave us lots of excuses. We have enough we reported to VCAT. We should report this kind of builder. He took our deposit and never start. If I where you report this to VCAT and they will give you case manager.
Did you then sign the contract with another builder? was that expensive though?.
We want to report him but the thing is that the new quotes from other builders are very expensive.
Shrusti
Did you then sign the contract with another builder? was that expensive though?.
We want to report him but the thing is that the new quotes from other builders are very expensive.

No we didn’t sign because it will cost more as this contract was cost 2 years ago. We have given our 5%deposit already as well. I suggest you logged a complaint because it will forced him to finished your house as he breach of contract already as you mentioned you have been waiting for 8months for the final stage. FYI he has a new website I have seen it. Just google it.
Used H&L who were great. They were happy for us to change the layout of a plan, didn’t pressure us to get upgrades & kept us informed. Then they assigned Escape Homes as our builder. GET A PRIVATE BUILDING INSPECTOR! We are up to Stage 4 and the inspector has found 150+ defects. A lot of them basic skills you would expect a builder to have such as putting nails in straight.

I could go on and on but friends building up the road with a different company are having the same issues, if not worse.

Whoever you decide to build with get a private inspector, it’s worth the money in the long run.
Related
24/07/2023
EPDM Deck liners or trex rain escape

General Discussion

Hi, does anyone have any experience with using Trex rain escape or EPDM rubber to waterproof a deck so you have dry space underneath. Popular in the US and realize that…

15/04/2024
AllCastle Homes has anyone built in 2023

Building A New House

Hi we are looking to talk to people who have built with them recently. We have signed mid range built contract but identified that a lot of things are not included.…

21/11/2023
Has anyone built a home with Masterpiece Builders?

Building A New House

Hi All, we are starting to think of building with Masterpiece Builders in Victoria, has anyone had any feedback or experience with them

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum