Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Taking advantage of the northern aspect

Page 1 of 1
We are building a new home in Southern central New South Wales. The temperatures vary between minus 2 degrees Celsius in winter and 45 degrees Celsius in summer. There are no established trees nearby, and all the neighbouring houses are single story.

To optimise the design, we have the option of reflecting the design across the red line. Would it be better to leave the plan as is or reflect the plan on the red line? We would like to take advantage of natural light, sun position and energy efficiency.

Won't really help much reflecting.

I suggest swapping your living with your master bedroom and removing Western window.

For your Master bedroom (after swap), you would have to install double glazed Low E glass, blinds/curtains and reduce glazing area.

You don't need this huge sliding door from Family to alfresco (considering how you are planning to position your sofa) I would rather make a window there and then make the North facing Family window wider (but consider longer eaves).
Related
20/06/2023
Pre-construction stage- Variations taking 6+ weeks to comple

General Discussion

The fastest thing a builder will do is bank your cheque, those systems work perfectly with lightning speed, everything else is slow burn. Just the way it is.

29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/09/2023
If a Builder is taking deposits and not getting DBI how can

General Discussion

Thanks. I called VBA today and they said it was a Consumer Affairs issue, the old handball. Seems like the government organisations don't want to do their job at the moment.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum