Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Help please! First time building with Bold on the Gold Coast

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,
We just paid the $2,000 deposit to Bold to secure their $25K promotion by 30 June 2020.
However I’m still a bit shaken by those reviews on the internet.
I’m just wondering if anyone had experience building with Bold can please let me know how it was?
Thanks heaps!!!!
mcjl
Hi everyone,
We just paid the $2,000 deposit to Bold to secure their $25K promotion by 30 June 2020.
I’m just wondering if anyone had experience building with Bold can please let me know how it was?
Thanks heaps!!!!

Hi Mcjl,

You can sleep easy knowing that you've made the right choice.

We are currently building with Bold Living and have been very happy with everything so far. We are 2 months into the build (just hit Lockup Stage), and have a solid month or two left before it's all done.

How's the planning going for your build?

Definitely don't stress about the bad reviews out there. Bold have been excellent and I have had a number of close friends build with them as well and were very happy. There are a lot of moving parts in a build so it's inevitable that there will be hiccups along the way but we haven't had anything major to deal with touch wood. Have only had one hiccup on the build so far but that was rectified by the site manager swiftly and without drama. The carpenter hinged the front door on the wrong side but it was fixed with a week without any dramas at all.

We get a weekly update from the site manager keeping us informed on what work has been done in the past week and what is planned for the week ahead. If I have any queries about anything I just shoot him a text and he responds almost straight away everytime.

Our neighbours are building with Sunvista. Just comparing the state of the two build sites you can tell that Bold are a much more professional organisation.

The planning stage was a breeze. Excellent communication with our consultant. They are super helpful and very patient.
Being able to go into the Evolve studio as often as we needed was super helpful as it helped us to really nail our selections.

The more organised you are the smoother the whole process is.

If you have any questions, hit me up. I'm more than happy to help.
mcjl
Hi everyone,
Thanks heaps!!!!

Hi Mcjl,

We have just signed with Bold to secure their promotion too. I thought the promotion was 25K, but now they are saying it's only 20K. Is there any chance you have a copy of the 25K promotion you could me?

Thanks, Claire
clairehass
mcjl
Hi everyone,
Thanks heaps!!!!

Hi Mcjl,

We have just signed with Bold to secure their promotion too. I thought the promotion was 25K, but now they are saying it's only 20K. Is there any chance you have a copy of the 25K promotion you could me?

Thanks, Claire

Hi Claire,
The amount you get for the promotion usually depends on which house you choose. Eg when we signed up the promo was advertised as up to $50k but cause we went with one of the "smaller" house plans (Sophia 22) the promo was $25k.
mcjl
Hi everyone,
Thanks heaps!!!!

Hi,

We are building with BOLD too near North Lakes area and have been really pleased with them. We are now waiting for the council approval stage.

The only issue we had was personal with the initial sales rep that we met at the show unit. He was very nice and friendly in the beginning then he became very different after we signed the first paperwork. When we asked him question, he just seems very annoyed and not willing to help.

Anyway, apart from him, the rest of the teams (electrical, interior consultants, contract manager, admin staffs, other staffs at North Lakes office that we've met and communicated with) were all really friendly, informative and nice.

BOLD has been really easy to contact since the beginning. This is our first build so we went back and forth with lottss of emailsss and messages through the Property Pro and we asked millions of questionss (probably lots of silly ones) and they have been really great with all that!

Good luck with your build!
We build with Bold last year. Handover was October 2019. It was great with no issues until today. We have having plumbing concerns and it sucks that there is only ONE person that handles maintenance and she is rude and not helpful. They keep on saying its not prt of warranty even if we havent reached one year yet. Their after build care is so pathetic. Im worried now that we are less than a year here and they are so useless already. So much for 25yrs guarantee! Rethink!
DocMaanne
We build with Bold last year. Handover was October 2019. It was great with no issues until today. We have having plumbing concerns and it sucks that there is only ONE person that handles maintenance and she is rude and not helpful. They keep on saying its not prt of warranty even if we havent reached one year yet. Their after build care is so pathetic. Im worried now that we are less than a year here and they are so useless already. So much for 25yrs guarantee! Rethink!

Omg, now I am getting worried. But I agree that their service quality has worsen since we signed the final contract.
we are building our dream home with Bold Living and close to contract stage now. It took a while from tender to contract stage but to all fairness for bold we made lot of changes and they were very accomodating. We havent started the build yet so not sure how it will go but hoping for the best

PS:- With respect to asking questions and feedback about bold living , there is now a new FB closed group (similar to Metricon/Clarendon/Plantation) where all can share their ideas and feedback. Request you to join it and contribute

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1206776806345227
Related
6/10/2023
First time building.

General Discussion

Can anyone give me any onfo on New Homes WA? Good or bad, hopefully good just need to know if my choice was good or not? Thanks ❤️

19/04/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

So it looks like we finally have some movement on site! Definitely later than expected, but I'll take any progress at this point. I'll drop by over the weekend to get…

28/02/2024
Air-Conditioning Installers/Suppliers NSW Central Coast

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Anybody know any good and reasonably priced Air conditioning contractors/companies that could install a ducted air conditioning system in the Central Coast NSW for a small…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum