Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Duplex build

Page 1 of 1
I am planning to build a duplex for investment on 600sqm lot with two options

a) Single storey with 3 bed + 2 bath +1 car on both sides (150+sqm on each side)
b) Double storey with 3 bed + 2 bath +1 car on both sides (75+ sqm Ground Floor and 75+sqm First floor on each side )

Double storey gives more space in lot, but build comes in small size where as signle storey gives less space in land, but build is spacious.

What would be better in long term as people say double story is good for resale . Please share your thoughts.
kumar2015

a) Single storey with 3 bed + 2 bath +1 car on both sides (150+sqm on each side)
b) Double storey with 3 bed + 2 bath +1 car on both sides (75+ sqm Ground Floor and 75+sqm First floor on each side )

Double storey gives more space in lot, but build comes in small size where as signle storey gives less space in land, but build is spacious.

What would be better in long term as people say double story is good for resale . Please share your thoughts.

Depending on what the budget is.. as long as the duplex’s have great finishes then resale won’t be a issue. Double Storey’s duplexs do have a bigger demand then single storey’s. So if you can build the double storey duplex then ROI will be much better in the long term.

Goodluck !
Modern Era Constructions
kumar2015

Depending on what the budget is.. as long as the duplex’s have great finishes then resale won’t be a issue. Double Storey’s duplexs do have a bigger demand then single storey’s. So if you can build the double storey duplex then ROI will be much better in the long term.

Goodluck !

Thanks much. It really helps. one general question - what would be costly in building duplex? building a 300sqm single storey or folding that into a double storey (i.e reducing its size by half 75 in GF and 75 in FF) ?
kumar2015
Modern Era Constructions
kumar2015

Goodluck !

Thanks much. It really helps. one general question - what would be costly in building duplex? building a 300sqm single storey or folding that into a double storey (i.e reducing its size by half 75 in GF and 75 in FF) ?

Not a problem, so basically anything that involves a secondary floor starts to cost a lot due to the material costs and Labour costs of adding the flooring. Though don’t let this be a deterrent to building a double storey duplex as it will appeal to many potential buyers in the future who want to live in a double storey duplex.

Where are you located? We are based in Sydney NSW so prices here could be different to where you are located

A double storey duplex in Sydney could start from say 400,000 - 800,000. Like I said it is dependent on what finishes you are looking for.

Hope this helps !
Thanks much. I am based in Sydney as well. Please share any email, if you don't mind.
kumar2015
Thanks much. I am based in Sydney as well. Please share any email, if you don't mind.

Hi Kumar

I’ll message you privately my details

Thanks
Related
6/12/2023
Anyone got owner builder permit to build a duplex in NSW ?

Owner Builder Forum

If so what were the "special circumstances" under which it was granted? "Note: If the development consent is for 'dual occupancy' an owner-builder permit can only be…

11/05/2023
Building duplex at the hills council area

Building A New House

Even if it's not being sub-divided and you want to keep it as Torrens title, you will still need to talk to a town planner or Council themselves, to see if they will allow…

11/09/2023
Building a Duplex on Sloping Block in a flood planning area

Building A New House

Give Jonathan a call. Tell him you know me. He is in my opinion the best surveyor I have ever worked with. His number is 0425 285 622 All the best Simeon

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum