Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Help with kitchen layout

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Building my first home and need some help on the kitchen layout. I found a floorplan that I liked overall but find the kitchen a bit small. I drew two floorplan ideas to extend the kitchen space and would like to get some feedback.

To the left is the original, followed by plan Ä2 and plan B2. Measurements are on the side. Please excuse my drawing and ignore the window placements
Thanks in advance!
Are you likely to use both living areas, at the same time? What about competing noise? What's the actual functional differences between these two adjacent spaces?

The questions are loaded, and rhetorical.

I would extend the garage to consume the existing kitchen and WIP (you can never have enough garage space), and place the kitchen and WIP in the Living room corner of a giant open "L" shape.
Related
24/03/2024
Kitchen Layout Help

Kitchen Corner

You never have a fridge against wall as you’ve drawn. The doors can’t open past 90 degrees and it’s difficult and maybe impossible to remove drawers

12/01/2024
Two sinks? Seeking advice with scullery/kitchen layout

Kitchen Corner

Hi, We're building a double-storey in Perth and I'm undecided with the kitchen sink situation. I'm set on having the main sink with dishwasher in the scullery - and…

8/05/2023
Opinion on Ensuite layout

Building A New House

Thanks for the suggestion. The space between shower and sinks was too tight. I agree about the toilet location. So I have tried two other options: The lower one is…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum