Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Third time's a charm ( our 3rd build @ Bingara Gorge )

Page 11 of 11
The place is looking fantastic! Now that you have been there in Summer how have you found the Velux's mate? Has the extra light been good and how well have they done with limiting the heat coming in?
JWJ
The place is looking fantastic! Now that you have been there in Summer how have you found the Velux's mate? Has the extra light been good and how well have they done with limiting the heat coming in?

The extra light is amazing in this part of the home, I don’t notice any extra heat in the kitchen area but keep in mind they do face east so are only directly hit by the sun in the morning
CD12JD
JWJ

The extra light is amazing in this part of the home, I don’t notice any extra heat in the kitchen area but keep in mind they do face east so are only directly hit by the sun in the morning

Thank you very much this has been very helpful as mine will be East and over the kitchen island
The amount of rain we have had has made it difficult for me to start bringing the height of the lawn down without causing too much damage, finally got a chance to knock it back a little as ive been only cutting at the highest setting up until this point…. At 6 weeks i will need to fertilise and start looking levelling in some sections.

This was a great read, love looking over posts like this for ideas and such. Such an awesome build you have here.

I can't wait till we can take ownership of ours so I can start putting everything I have planned together.
Great work cd12JD

Really enjoyed reading about your journey!
^ cheers guys

So i now have a spare fridge as this home came with a Fisher & Paykel appliance package… I managed to find a spot on the alfresco to fit it but not sure at this point if it will remain as i do like the alfresco and garage areas to be clutter free

Finally got around to completing the tv unit for the living room… tossing up whether to wall mount it or leave it on the floor

Side gates have arrived fresh from the powder coaters

I don’t have to worry about our doggo Ellie cruising around the neighbourhood while we are asleep now we have side gates

CD12JD
Finally got around to completing the tv unit for the living room… tossing up whether to wall mount it or leave it on the floor

Mate, have to say that your house looks amazing and it's obvious you've gone to a lot of effort to have it looking that way!

Also appreciate you updating everyone on your build. Great photos.

I have a question - are you able to tell us where that TV unit is from? I quite like the look of that.
Hub
CD12JD

Mate, have to say that your house looks amazing and it's obvious you've gone to a lot of effort to have it looking that way!

Also appreciate you updating everyone on your build. Great photos.

I have a question - are you able to tell us where that TV unit is from? I quite like the look of that.

Both tv units in the thread are called the “ besta “ unit with “ hanviken “ doors from ikea .

The one in the living room is the shorter unit 180 x 38 and the taller one in the kids retreat is 180 x 74 with a glass door to pickup the remote control signal for the xbox and ps4

These besta units also come in different sizes, colours and different doors types which make them very versatile. Its also possible to wall mount them with the optional “suspension rail mounting system” which I might do for the one in the living room .
Pro tip #2

When in the design stage do yourself a favour and add at a very minimum 0.5m to the depth of your garage even if you have to steal space from somewhere inside, if you can also widen it 0.5m then you’re kicking goals !

With every new model car released you will find increases in size and with the slow death of medium sized sedans and the gain in popularity with SUV’s and utes someone will feel the pain when they can’t fit their shiny new car in the garage .

Having the extra depth will allow you to not only park but to be able to walk around the car and load / unload the boot with the garage door closed .

What's the measurements of your garage?
[quote="kennyc":a37oe771]What's the measurements of your garage?[/quote:a37oe771]

6.0 x 8.7 ( triple garage )
Thanks, mine is 7110 wide X 6500 deep.
So basically 7.1 X 6.5 I guess
Not sure if you are still floating around the forums,
Saw you got yourself a quickjack, was just wondering where you got it from? They seem to be sold out mostly on their site so wondering if the back order takes awhile?
Been looking at one of these for ages now, should have bought one when it was at CostCo as they had the BL-5000SLX for only $1,900.

Which model did you end up with?
Related
15/08/2023
I often get asked if now is a good time to build

Building A New House

Well thats a relief! The whole family is sick of waiting.

19/04/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

So it looks like we finally have some movement on site! Definitely later than expected, but I'll take any progress at this point. I'll drop by over the weekend to get…

7/08/2023
Acceptable wait time for email response to question from sma

Owner Builder Forum

how imperative is the timing of the answer?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum