Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Skateboarding does make your children build their grit

Page 1 of 1
The owner and the builder have willingly entered into a building contract. Ordinarily, builder is entitled to build and make his profit. If the owner ended the contract unjustly then builder is still entitled to the profit he would have made even though no building work is done.

The best bet is to negotiate contract exit with the builder, get legal advice

Why on earth did you sign the contract?
I would say the builder is entitled to profit only for the built house, not the other way. If the house is not built, then he should not be entitled to a full profit and should be looking for the profit opportunities somewhere else (e.g. wait for the same house + land package to be sold again). Otherwise, he would be entitled to double profit while only one house will be built.

I'd say that keeping 5% deposit is fair enough compensation.
Is there a sunset clause if the land takes too long to title?
alexp79
I would say the builder is entitled to profit only for the built house, not the other way. If the house is not built, then he should not be entitled to a full profit and should be looking for the profit opportunities somewhere else (e.g. wait for the same house + land package to be sold again). Otherwise, he would be entitled to double profit while only one house will be built.

I'd say that keeping 5% deposit is fair enough compensation.

You should read up on building contract law " recommended, Hudson on Engineering and Building Contracts"
Related
4/12/2023
Does this Bedroom + Ensuite Make any Sense?

General Discussion

if i have understood your dimensions correctly my suggestions include using the smallest toilet and wall hung handbasin eg Caroma Urbane with in wall cistern, small wall…

9/08/2023
Will we make it in for Christmas?

Building A New House

Not sure who you're building with, but I moved in recently to a 11month scheduled, 8 month actual build on the South coast/Illawarra NSW

12/11/2023
Beginner advice - how can we make this house work for us???

Renovation + Home Improvement

I posted the floorplan on Houzz.com forum and got some really good ideas and advice from people there. Then we reached out to a couple of renovation companies and one…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum