Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Floor plan feedback

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Found this plan on carlisle,
is it weird that masters is at rear and right next to the kitchen?

Our master is at rear - its great-we dont hear any traffic noise or anything like that.
MBR at rear is fine. Right off the kitchen, not so much.
Rear masters are smart, two masters are even smarter and trending.

The front rumpus would make a great home office.
Do you already have a block? What direction is the frontage. ie. which direction is north on the image?

Hopefully it's a western frontage, meaning north would be the left hand side of the image, where the living areas face.

It's important that your living areas face north. They'll be light, & warmer in winter. With a western frontage the garage will block or much of the harsh afternoon summer sun.

Read more about orientating your home correctly here,

https://www.yourhome.gov.au/passive-design/orientation
ddarroch
Do you already have a block? What direction is the frontage. ie. which direction is north on the image?

Hopefully it's a western frontage, meaning north would be the left hand side of the image, where the living areas face.

It's important that your living areas face north. They'll be light, & warmer in winter. With a western frontage the garage will block or much of the harsh afternoon summer sun.

Read more about orientating your home correctly here,

https://www.yourhome.gov.au/passive-design/orientation

Block is facing west. North on the left
Don't think it is weird, but I would be thinking about who is likely to be using the nearby rooms. With small children, it is unlikely they will be in the living area when you are wanting to sleep, but will that be the case with late teenage children?
Related
7/10/2023
Floor plan feedback

Building A New House

Hi there! Absolutely agree on the wasted space. We have no desire for the master to be that oversized, but it occurred when we increased the depth of the garage. We have…

25/05/2023
Floor plan review

Building A New House

i thought the flipped plan initially but bec i want narrow pathway from entry to dining (dont like bend), also cannot fit the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum