Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Document substitution at Local Government/Council level

Page 1 of 1
As for how I didn't know - no one told me they were substituting falsified documents for the Footings and sub structure, - obviously. ....I guess if someone is going to hold up a bank they don't tend to ring up and inform the bank that they are on their way to hold them up.....
....so I guess the people involved in this 'scam' had their reasons for not telling me that they were up to no good.......

Who would expect this sort of alleged Dishonest/corrupt behaviour to go down behind closed doors at their local Council, who are the 'Relevant Authority' who is supposed to care about community and construction safety? Even going to the extent of removing Bushfire Safety requirements in Construction in a High Risk Bushfire Region and still failing to deal with the issue now that it has been brought out into the open?

The Council should be screaming out about it!! ....It seems they know very well that they are to blame and sadly, seem to be used to getting away with such alleged Dishonesty/Corruption. I never knew such dirty dealings went down. Why would anyone expect the 'Relevent Authority', as in the local Council, to do such a thing after they had been through the lengthy and expensive process with an Architect to get a proper Development Authorisation done for a safe home construction?

The Council staff would know that no Development can occur without the proper Development Authorisation so they should not have been dealing in falsified Documents, - and then claiming they have an 'amended Development Authorisation' and never producing it, - should they? The Council also should not have been removing Bushfire Construction requirements as the Council Planning Department know it is a Bushfire zone.......

The falsified plans were given to the Council by a private Building Surveying company who also acts as 'Consultants to Local Government' and one of their Directors has sat in the position of Chairman of the Council's Building Fire Safety Committee for many years- the Council's Building Inspector is also involved in the whole sordid mess and also long term of the Council's Building Fire Safety Committee. So that's your answer to where the falsified documents came from.

This obviously should never have happened as to make such changes (even if they were ever allowed or legal or wanted, which they weren't) would have required a new Application for Development, then Building Consent, then a new Development Authorisation. None of these exist - just the falsified Engineering documents were applied to the Footings and sub structure - via some sort of back door deal, - and you would know that then negates insurance. I'm sure the Council and their Building Surveyor mates know that too. The Council claim to have an 'amended Development Authorisation' - from their Building Surveying friends - which would not have been permitted by Law and has never been produced. It seems they are just hoping that everyone is dumb enough (or possibly corrupt enough) to accept their alleged falsehoods......

Obviously the Council staff then have worked with the builder and passed checks that should never have passed. The Council did not deal with either the Applicant (the Architect) or the property owner when they substituted the falsified Engineering plans which are so bad that anyone who looked at them would just laugh at how bad they are - so one must ask why did the Council do this, and why have so many of their staff been involved or are failing to deal with the sordid mess now??

Why did the Council then pass checks that should never have passed? Why are they refusing to investigate? Why is the Planning and Development Manager refusing to communicate , refusing to meet and says he will only communicate through a Lawyer? Are you getting the picture now? Why would Adelaide's 'most prominent' Building Surveying company do this? Why does no one hold them accountable (yet)? ....Something really stinks here - surely you can see that!!

It's a dirty game. As soon as I identified that something was wrong I spoke out - and have been trying to get help ever since. Now it is obvious that the Development Industry and what has gone on here shows that there are dirty deals, possible negligence, possible corruption, possible Deception and possible incompetence, amongst other things...... The Council need to be held to account , then if they don't want to wear it themselves they could of course try to sue their mates that they worked with. FYI The original Engineering company who allegedly described what has been done as illegal and worse....did the roof check and never commented on the substituted materials for the posts...or any issues with their sub structure - it was me that noticed something was not right and I spoke out and was then told there was an 'amendment' - which as previously stated was taken in by the Council Planning Department and called a 'minor' amendment which of course it wasn't and anyone who looked at the horrendous falsified documents could see that.

What I have learnt is that everyone is the industry knows these things go down and it's like a secret society as they all back each other. Only the innocent public don't know how sordid it is. Time for a clean out of Councils and the Development Industry.
Clare
Rather than start a number of new threads, just try and reply to your existing thread.
It saves the site getting blocked up and makes everything easier to follow
chippy
Clare
Rather than start a number of new threads, just try and reply to your existing thread.
It saves the site getting blocked up and makes everything easier to follow

I wanted to reply on the original thread - in answer to a question put to me. It would not let me post this reply as it said one can only make 3 comments on a thread - words to that effect and it would not let me load my comment as a result, nor could I PM. It seems it meant only 3 comments to any one person on the post is a max?? Nuisance.

Hence my reply here. I have had enough for today. The whole situation is sickening. It looks like things are really dirty in South Australia - right to the top. Some people on here have made good suggestions so that at least reinforces the seriousness of the situation and how wrong it is. I guess I just have to try again. Doing so comes with pretty awful payback I might add - not detailed on here!! It's disgusting.
Related
18/07/2023
Current thinking on garage floor level with house floor

Building A New House

isn't a garage level with the rest of the house a given? pretty sure they 'came around' long time ago. if you have a flat block, the garage is usually level with the rest…

2/08/2023
Ramping Carpet Up To Bathroom Level

General Discussion

they can, it's a fairly standard solution when the slab isn't recessed. the falls need to be in the main floor, if it hasn't been done then you need to ask them to redo…

17/09/2023
Structural Issue - DPC Higher than finished floor level

Building A New House

interesting situation what happened after builder issued final invoice? did you list as defect or not does the building surveyor have any responsibility? ie. issuing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum