Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

All weather access for new build - North Kellyville NSW 2155

Page 1 of 1
My builder has informed me that I need to arrange all weather access from the street to the construction site on the block due to the length of the driveway - approximately 16m in length. They have mentioned a gravel surface will do. I am curious to know if anyone else had to do this around North Kellyville/Kellyville area in NSW and who do I approach to get it sorted? Would any trades people that do driveways be able to do this? Is this an expensive exercise? Many thanks in advance.
Order several trucks of gravel in and smoothen it out with the bobcat?

I wonder why your builder is not capable of doing this, considering this is clear extra $$$ for him.
Get recycled concrete. It's normally the cheapest form of temporary access track and it helps reuse a waste product.
Ideally you want the access track cut to a level that the road base can remain and act as a base for whatever you will eventually install as a driveway. By the end of the build and all the trucks and vehicles that go up and down it's nicely compacted so it's good if it can atay.
Get a good bobcat driver in, he will be able to read your plans and get the levels right then get in the materials and shape it.
alexp79
Order several trucks of gravel in and smoothen it out with the bobcat?

I wonder why your builder is not capable of doing this, considering this is clear extra $$$ for him.

alexp79 I plan on asking them anyways but have a feeling it will be expensive get it done by them.
chippy
Get recycled concrete. It's normally the cheapest form of temporary access track and it helps reuse a waste product.
Ideally you want the access track cut to a level that the road base can remain and act as a base for whatever you will eventually install as a driveway. By the end of the build and all the trucks and vehicles that go up and down it's nicely compacted so it's good if it can atay.
Get a good bobcat driver in, he will be able to read your plans and get the levels right then get in the materials and shape it.

Thanks chippy, will have a look at recycled concrete.
Related
5/04/2024
Slab for 424 sqm house in North Kellyville NSW

Building A New House

Petercurtis You able to contact the certifier and get a copy of your structural plans, if they are not in your contract. If your home was approved via CDC then they…

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

3/10/2023
Final payment for new build in NSW

Building A New House

regardless, your contract stipulates a payments schedule and SOPA doesn't give provision to that scenario. Your contractual terms appear to stand. Hence get a lawyer, it…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum