Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Handover advice

Page 1 of 1
My site supervisor has told me that my house is due for completion in 6 weeks which is earlier than I expected. I’m after advice for the handover process - are there things that we should check/be aware of leading up to handover? Also, experiences of using a private inspector and any recommendations? Building in the Schofields area of Sydney. Thanks in advance!
Just buy Ashworth's PCI guide and DYI. Just $4 it is less than a coffee!
http://anewhouse.com.au/sample-page/pci-guide/
jencal
My site supervisor has told me that my house is due for completion in 6 weeks which is earlier than I expected. I’m after advice for the handover process - are there things that we should check/be aware of leading up to handover? Also, experiences of using a private inspector and any recommendations? Building in the Schofields area of Sydney. Thanks in advance!

Hi Jencal! Off topic sorry but do you have any photos of your completed Louis 22 narrow? My partner and I are trying to decide if this is the house we want but it’s so difficult to compare to the Louis 27 display home! Particularly the kitchen and living area. Thanks! Laura.
I have been thinking of that, to hire a building inspector to go over the house at completion. Read somewhere in this forum of members using this service with good reviews.

Small price to pay IMHO.
jencal

Hi JenCal, did you find someone? TIA
Related
18/02/2024
Footing advice and core fill advice for 600mm retaining wall

Paving & Concreting

Versaloc is a mortarless besser block system that still needs a properly engineered footing. If you just do a 400x200 footing it will fail in time. At 17m long you need it…

12/09/2023
Can a variation dispute hold up handover?

Building A New House

yes it does, you've just not understood it. theres a difference.

13/11/2023
Key Handover

General Discussion

Your house should come in "as new" condition. It should be clean, and without stains

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum