Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

modified Westwood 28 by King Homes NSW

Page 2 of 5
Danny575
Thank you to Mark and King Homes for allowing our solar panels to be installed during construction. Yesterday we finished our solar system installation. The solar system is from Austra solar. We picked 25x 370w jinko panels and 9 kw sofar inverter. Because the inverter we choose was on back order we got upgraded to 26 x370w jinko panels and 10kw inverter for no additional cost.
Gautam from Austra solar really looked after, is customer service was unpeccable. I can't reccomend him enough he was very patient, helpful and kept us informed every step of the way.
The Installation is perfect, the whole work is very clean and you get installed to the grid immediately. (I had solar panels installed before and had to wait for someone from the electrical company to come and connect it to the grid)
If you need solar system at a great price contact Gautam on 0401355888 and tell him that Danny referred you he will look after you.

Austra website is https://austrasolarpower.com.au
Was it easier to have them installed during construction? Rather than post hand over

mustard
Was it easier to have them installed during construction? Rather than post hand over

If installed during the construction, all the cables can be run in the walls. After construction the cables will be on the outside.
Also it will produce energy while is under construction. Have already been receiving bills from agl. The system will cover our bills and produce credits for when we move in.
Our gyprock got completed yesterday.
Danny575

Danny575
Danny575

Hi Danny,

We have just started the process with king homes and currently had site investigation phase.

Great to see your home progressing so quickly.

Do you mind sharing how long each phase has taken? E.g. design, selections, council approval, etc?

Thanks.

John
jn1045
Danny575
Danny575

Hi Danny,

We have just started the process with king homes and currently had site investigation phase.

Great to see your home progressing so quickly.

Do you mind sharing how long each phase has taken? E.g. design, selections, council approval, etc?

Thanks.

John

Hi John,

King homes are a great company you are in good hands. The whole team is great, at every stage everyone is very helpful.
What took us the longest was the designing the plan. Coming up with a design that we were both happy with, took us many tries.

Once this was done king home did the final plans within 2 weeks, CDC took another 2 weeks. Colour appointment there are 2 one with king homes internals and the other with austral bricks externals. (After your final plans try to Book your austral or pgh brick appointment online asap). For the king homes colours with had ours within 2-3 weeks. It was good that we the brick colour first as it helped us choose our interiors colours.
Once CDC approval, king homes started excavating the next day or so. Electrical is about 4 to 6 weeks wait (this doesn't slow the build process).

I have seen the king home build quality and I have seen other company quality. Rest assured king homes doesn't cut corners.

Good luck with your build

Daniel
Our staircase is in as well.
Danny575

Congrats Denny, won’t be long before you move in if they keep this pace, I will be there today for a drive by...
Karar
Congrats Denny, won’t be long before you move in if they keep this pace, I will be there today for a drive by...

Can't wait. How is your project going?
Danny575
Karar

Land will be registered June next year, still not decided on a builder, I was between Metricon and Mastertion before now the both out, kings homes will visit them before end of this year to make final decision non of their plan in the 38 sq meet my need so lots of more $$$ if I go with them to modify original 38 sq plan , I really like them but will see what they quote custom design the house for me.

I really hope kings will come up with new standard original plan like other project builder, most of their design tend to place the stair in the middle of the house not on side wall with large windows for natural light,, also their kitchen main stove bench in centre of the kitchen area not facing side of the house in most of their above 34 sq design
Karar
Danny575
Karar

Land will be registered June next year, still not decided on a builder, I was between Metricon and Mastertion before now the both out, kings homes will visit them before end of this year to make final decision non of their plan in the 38 sq meet my need so lots of more $$$ if I go with them to modify original 38 sq plan , I really like them but will see what they quote custom design the house for me.

I really hope kings will come up with new standard original plan like other project builder, most of their design tend to place the stair in the middle of the house not on side wall with large windows for natural light,, also their kitchen main stove bench in centre of the kitchen area not facing side of the house in most of their above 34 sq design

You can change the design.
We did the same our staircase was in the middle of the house and we moved it to the end of the house.
The extra charges for house came when we made wet areas bigger and made the house a bit bigger.
You can change the design.

sure I can put will need to pay extra $$. what I meant by middle is the stair located in the centre of the home with WIR separate it from the side of the wall a major redesign require to relocate to to the wall on the side of the house and then add window on the stair for natural light, I prefer the location to be in the middle not at end of the house near open plan area., Kings homes 34 to 37sq original plans all have the stair in this centre location see photo below:

Boston 37

Logan 34

my other option is to go for a 31 Aston but to add 6 more square to reach 37sq will cost a lot more money, see below:

the last plan is minimal will need to add guest room downstairs and shower
[quote="Karar":3me7w58k][b:3me7w58k]You can change the design.[/b:3me7w58k]

sure I can put will need to pay extra $$. what I meant by middle is the stair located in the centre of the home with WIR separate it from the side of the wall a major redesign require to relocate to to the wall on the side of the house and then add window on the stair for natural light, I prefer the location to be in the middle not at end of the house near open plan area., Kings homes 34 to 37sq original plans all have the stair in this centre location see photo below:

Boston 37
[img:3me7w58k]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/97163_1604825339.PNG[/img:3me7w58k]

Logan 34
[img:3me7w58k]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/97163_1604825372.PNG[/img:3me7w58k]

my other option is to go for a 31 Aston but to add 6 more square to reach 37sq will cost a lot more money, see below:

[img:3me7w58k]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/97163_1604825857.PNG[/img:3me7w58k]

the last plan is minimal will need to add guest room downstairs and shower[/quote:3me7w58k]

I see what you mean, we didn't like the staircase encased. That was why moved it towards the back to create on open staircase.

With the Boston and the Logan I would have changed the this way.

With Boston 37 swap the wc with the staircase. Like that it will give you an open staircase.

With the Logan 34 is harder to make changes. But if you remove the staircase, then narrow the corridor, enlarge the side of family room to fit a laundry, and placing the staircase were laundry is.

The Aston 31 has plenty of space behind the garage to add extra space.

Either Nadia or Reidhol will be able to come up with a great design if you tell them that staircase has to be next to and external wall.

Reidhol did us a custom design that was bigger than our current one, with rooms positioned differently. If you want i can send to you.
Danny575
[quote="Karar":3me7w58k][b:3me7w58k]You can change the design.[/b:3me7w58k]

Boston 37
[img:3me7w58k]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/97163_1604825339.PNG[/img:3me7w58k]

Logan 34
[img:3me7w58k]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/97163_1604825372.PNG[/img:3me7w58k]

[img:3me7w58k]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/97163_1604825857.PNG[/img:3me7w58k]

the last plan is minimal will need to add guest room downstairs and shower[/quote:3me7w58k]

I see what you mean, we didn't like the staircase encased. That was why moved it towards the back to create on open staircase.

With the Boston and the Logan I would have changed the this way.

With Boston 37 swap the wc with the staircase. Like that it will give you an open staircase.

With the Logan 34 is harder to make changes. But if you remove the staircase, then narrow the corridor, enlarge the side of family room to fit a laundry, and placing the staircase were laundry is.

The Aston 31 has plenty of space behind the garage to add extra space.

Either Nadia or Reidhol will be able to come up with a great design if you tell them that staircase has to be next to and external wall.

Reidhol did us a custom design that was bigger than our current one, with rooms positioned differently. If you want i can send to you.[/quote]

This is what he designed for us.
Danny575
Danny575

Garage door is up and waterproofing is done.

Karar
Danny575
Karar

Where abouts is your land?

I really hope kings will come up with new standard original plan like other project builder, most of their design tend to place the stair in the middle of the house not on side wall with large windows for natural light,, also their kitchen main stove bench in centre of the kitchen area not facing side of the house in most of their above 34 sq design[/quote]Where abouts is your land?[/quote]

Is in willowdale, Denham court side
We are at lock up stage
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

26/03/2024
JG King Home builders delay in construction

General Discussion

So, did they give you a reason? Weather? Slab not poured??

8/01/2024
Mojo Homes, Enigma 46 - Gables NSW

Building A New House

Hi all, We are considering Enigma 46 from Mojo Homes in Gables, NSW. Has anyone built with Mojo and any pointers and feedback. Also, if anyone has built similar design…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum