Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Caesertstone Oyster Stone

Page 1 of 1
Hi!

I am considering putting Caeserstone's oyster 4030 stone in our kitchen.

I've found it really difficult to find consistent images of this. Some show a very dark grey, others light etc.

The CS display centre is closed at the moment so cant go to see it either. If anyone has this installed - would love to see it.

Thank you!!
Hi Cooky,

Our bench tops went in today and are Oyster.

I haven’t been able to get proper photos as it was dark when I went around this evening but will be going this weekend so can take some photos for you, however these will be from the outside of the house. I’m unsure if this is useful for you but it might give you a rough idea
NathanPS
Hi Cooky,

Our bench tops went in today and are Oyster.

I haven’t been able to get proper photos as it was dark when I went around this evening but will be going this weekend so can take some photos for you, however these will be from the outside of the house. I’m unsure if this is useful for you but it might give you a rough idea

Hi Nathan,

That would be fantastic! I really like it, but cannot for the life of me find accurate images of it installed.

I would so very much appreciate it!
Hi mate,

Please see photos below. Note: these are taken on the outside. It seems a lot darker than we were anticipating based on the sample, but it could just be because we aren’t looking at it close up. I also do not like how they have sealed our waterfall ends and front cabinetry with white sikaflex, should be grey but will be discussing this later. I hope these photos help. I will try and get you some more photos when we are able to get inside next.

NathanPS
Hi mate,

Please see photos below. Note: these are taken on the outside. It seems a lot darker than we were anticipating based on the sample, but it could just be because we aren’t looking at it close up. I also do not like how they have sealed our waterfall ends and front cabinetry with white sikaflex, should be grey but will be discussing this later. I hope these photos help. I will try and get you some more photos when we are able to get inside next.

Thanks so much for sharing this. Looks like lighting will affect the shading of the grey. I'm completely ok with a darker stone look in my bathrooms, but not sure about the kitchen.

It looks lighter and just right in your pictures, though I agree about the seal. Would look much nicer as grey!
No problem mate.

Yes the lighting does affect it. To give you an idea, I went the evening it was installed to have a look and it looked extremely dark (I was actually really concerned about it) however when I went the next morning it wasn’t too bad at all.

Is it what we expected - probably not. We still think it’s quite a bit darker than what the sample portrayed. However, as I stated, we have yet to see it without looking through the windows on the outside so once we are able to do so, it could change our opinion.

If you don’t need to decide ASAP, we are anticipating to have a proper look from the inside within the next two - two and a half weeks. I’ll try and get you some proper photos then if you’re interested
Actually here’s a photo of the kitchen at night for you so you can see what I mean about the darker colour. Again this is looking from the outside in and the inside of the glass is pretty dirty.

NathanPS
Actually here’s a photo of the kitchen at night for you so you can see what I mean about the darker colour. Again this is looking from the outside in and the inside of the glass is pretty dirty.

Thanks again! Really appreciate it. I still haven't decided what I'm going to do.
Hi Cooky,

What did you decide? We moved in and do love our benches
Related
7/05/2023
Facade column size (350 or 470mm) , Rendering or Stone or Ti

Building A New House

Dear Members I have to decide the Facade column size. My custom builder standard is 350mm with rendering, but i asked for 470mm plus stone or tiles and yet to get…

3/09/2023
Natural stone- stain removal and gloss sealing

General Discussion

Hi, planning on using the attached stone pieces in my bathroom. I want to remove stains and gloss seal. Can I get some advice on best way to remove stains and best…

4/10/2023
DIY External facade stone cladding

General Discussion

Re my second point – yes exactly. And often it may take additional time if the manufacturer recommends no more than X meters…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum