Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

700mm Fall & 4 Meter Ridge - What does it mean?

Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone,

I'm a FHB and recently purchased a block of land (full deposit down) in VIC which is due to title in August 2020.

I have selected a house design/builder and was provided with a quote of $13,000 for site costs as my land has a 700mm fall to the front right.

Is anyone able to advise if I'll have problems with this block once the build begins, and is a 700mm fall to the front right a major problem? (not titled yet, so no soil report is available).

Also, what is a 4 meter ridge? (the land is not on a hill; it's flat road).

See below pictures for more information– the dotted section is the land fall.

Cheers!

'

Do you have any actual site photos?
MClark
Do you have any actual site photos?

Hi MClark,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Here are some photo's. Apologies for the quality.

Also, I edited the top comment to add the 4 meter ridge.
You wont have any problem with the build looking at that. Site costs seem fair and reasonable also.
Get them to send you a elevation of the house in conjunction with the land. You will see how it will look it regards to the structure then
MClark
You wont have any problem with the build looking at that. Site costs seem fair and reasonable also.
Get them to send you a elevation of the house in conjunction with the land. You will see how it will look it regards to the structure then

Thank you so much for your help! A person on Whirlpool had me freaking out that I had purchased a dud block!
I've seen some absolute shocking blocks, this is nothing compared to the others.

All the best with the build
Related
2/10/2023
Fall in Shower Floor

Bathrooms and Laundry

Thank you Splashers. Tomorrow I might check if I can get a few packs of 300x300 in the same tile finish. It may be good to use these could in the shower recesses. I'm not…

11/11/2023
Slab fall away

Landscape & Garden Design

I've got a challenge here. Background is the builder has cut too deep for the slab and the slab is now below the very substantial retaining wall. It's failed occupancy…

23/04/2024
Tiling a Balcony with Fall Away from House

General Discussion

AS4654.2-2012 External Membranes it is "Informative" but if you get water ingress your insurance assessor will go to this straight away and if not achieved, they will deny…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum