Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with FOWLER HOMES in Sydney/ NSW!!!

Page 2 of 3
mustard
p.s lovehouse what layout did you decide on ?

The process have been very well so far. The selection appointments are taking a bit of time, specially to get the variation quotes done. However we are asking for a lot of items and pricing changes etc so cant fault them for the delay in getting color appointments variations done!

We went with St Tropaz but heavily modified the plan to our likings
mustard

Hi if you scroll up in this thread ull see our layout i posted previously
yes sorry i did notice the layout - looks really good!
i was interested to know what was the original plan... which you mentioned was the st tropez
What size St Tropez did U go with??
BL35ED

Hi we went with 35 and then increased the size so its now probably 37
LoveHouse
BL35ED

Hi we went with 35 and then increased the size so its now probably 37

Very nice.... Love the plan and changes. Well done 👍 hopefully once your ahead post some pics. Good luck 😁
LoveHouse
mustard

The process have been very well so far. The selection appointments are taking a bit of time, specially to get the variation quotes done. However we are asking for a lot of items and pricing changes etc so cant fault them for the delay in getting color appointments variations done!

May I ask how you went so far with Fowler? Initially I ask for price of the Hemisphere 29, they presented their Prelimnary Tender based on Hemisphere 32. After that we were asked to pay the initial $2k to get survey and update the tender. Then at Final Tender they presented the Hemisphere 29 but with elegance inclusion when we asked for urban. Again, they then ask us to pay next $3k until they will amend the tender. Was it like that with any of you guys too?
Hey,

We have had the best experiance to date, please check out my blog here

https://haven30.blogspot.com/

The build process ahs just started this week and the site superviosr is amazing!
Hi, i am sorry you had bad experience with tender. I think it depends on the sales assistant you are working with. We were lucky to have Helena to work with and she is the head of all of their SA’s. She was wonderful and amazingly accurate. She was the main reason we went with Fowler. So far we have had great experience. Their engineering drawing bit is a bit slow but we made so many changes that we cant fault them. Their plans are ready to be submitted to council but we are stuck for bushfire report (doing it externally). Amazingly their engineering plans had zero mistakes!! Upgrades were well within budget considering builder's margin!

Hope your tender gets sorted soon. Ask them to redo and clarify the tender the way you want before signing. Best of luck

Pypang
LoveHouse
mustard

May I ask how you went so far with Fowler? Initially I ask for price of the Hemisphere 29, they presented their Prelimnary Tender based on Hemisphere 32. After that we were asked to pay the initial $2k to get survey and update the tender. Then at Final Tender they presented the Hemisphere 29 but with elegance inclusion when we asked for urban. Again, they then ask us to pay next $3k until they will amend the tender. Was it like that with any of you guys too?
Hey Lovehouse how is your Fowler build going?
Fore2
Hey Lovehouse how is your Fowler build going?

Hi we have DA approval waiting for the construction to start
keep us updated, I visited their display home today at Box Hill and keen to see how your experience go.
gallopgrove
keep us updated, I visited their display home today at Box Hill and keen to see how your experience go.

Thanks. Lots of things happening since the council approval 2 weeks back. We have bank letter ready, construction certificate ready, pool peg out starts this week! Exciting times ahead!
LoveHouse
gallopgrove

Thanks. Lots of things happening since the council approval 2 weeks back. We have bank letter ready, construction certificate ready, pool peg out starts this week! Exciting times ahead!

Congrats. you must be thrilled.
We're still stuck in the cycle of looking through floor plans to see which suits us best overall.
Hi all Fowler Home people, we are looking to build with Fowler and would love to know how your experience is going with the build? Old reviews aren't great but the more recent ones seem really positive. Please let me know how your experiences are?

We are looking at Brooklyn.
Cant Complain with the build we had. We built the Haven 30 and love it! Fowler were great to deal with and the Site supervisor was amazing (Mick).

https://www.productreview.com.au/review ... cdb28f8a56

That's my review on them.

We asked and talked about the reviews online and it was a time they had staff and people that didn't care. The owner went through a huge change of staff and got people that we passionate about homes and great service. Its clearly changed now.

Do your research and make an informed choice but I would give Fowler 6 Stars!
Fore2
Cant Complain with the build we had. We built the Haven 30 and love it! Fowler were great to deal with and the Site supervisor was amazing (Mick).

https://www.productreview.com.au/review ... cdb28f8a56

That's my review on them.

We asked and talked about the reviews online and it was a time they had staff and people that didn't care. The owner went through a huge change of staff and got people that we passionate about homes and great service. Its clearly changed now.

Do your research and make an informed choice but I would give Fowler 6 Stars!

Thanks Fore2 for your review comments. I can see the old reviews you write about and I can also see a lot of positive reviews coming through in the past year. So we are thinking positively about moving forward with them.
Hi all!

We're looking to build the Republica 36 and have recently received a prelim cost estimation with site cost of close to $80k! We almost fell off our chair when we saw the cost.

Our site is a slope down from the street to rear about 1-1.5m.

How accurate is Fowler Homes with their prelim estimation vs actual cost?
Hi All,
Going through this thread as we are talking to fowler homes at the moment in the Box Hill NSW area and wanted to know any recent experience with the builder. Thanks in advance.
Fowler Homes admits using unfair contract terms preventing negative reviews

https://www.accc.gov.au/media-release/f ... ve-reviews
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

15/09/2023
Fowler Homes - disappointment?

Building A New House

Anyone built with Fowler Homes? Feedback? Especially any things concerning or negatives? Have heard some horror…

8/06/2023
Small builders in Western Sydney (NSW)

Building A New House

Hi all, We are looking to build a new two storey house in western Sydney. Can anyone recommend a smallish builder to go with? We are trying to stay away from the big…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum