Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Private Certifier providing Documents for OC

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys

We have just moved into a new house. We have requested from the Private Certifier that he provide us with all the OC supporting documents from the builder but he has refused unless we pay him a fee. (Unknown to date)

We have not received them in the post (as he suggested) and he won’t email them unless we pay him more money.

Could you please advise if this is correct. Can’t he withhold this information?

Thanks!!
Standard practice.
Usually geotechnical engineers, contour land surveyors and structural engineers won't release drawings until they have been paid first. Too many of them have been burnt in the past.

Stewie
Presumable the builder hasnt paid him.

Mine wasn't an issue and I had the documents
Isn't the PC just another tradie/agency chartered to do a job by the builder? The builder should provide all documentation.
It depends on the contract. Sometimes the PC is employed by the homeowner and sometimes by the builder. There are variations in each of those scenarios as well.

Stewie
Related
30/06/2023
Certifier and the Brisbane development website

Building A New House

Hi, does anyone have a clue how the Brisbane Development website work in terms of how uptodate the dates on it are (developmenti.brisbane.qld.gov.au). I transfered…

15/02/2024
QLD - Builder finished without notifying Building Certifier

General Discussion

Hi, I contracted a Builder to do a Garage to Bedroom + ensuite conversion (Class 1a), the Builder engaged the Certifier and Engineer and received BDA from the Certifier…

17/06/2023
Modular above ground pool over Private Sewer line

General Discussion

Hi everyone, Looking for some advise. We are about to build an above ground pool in our backyard. There is a private sewer line running under the pool at 1.6m…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum