Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Cost increase from M-class slab to H2 slab?

Page 1 of 1
I am about to purchase a block of land to build a house on (paid deposit but haven't signed a contract yet) and have been given an old soil report (April 2018) that classed it as P due to filling and trees and that without them, it would be H2 rated.

I'm trying to build on a budget, so the increased cost of a H2 slab gives me concern that the costs could blow out. Does anyone have a rough idea what the cost increase would be to go from an M-class slab most builders include in their standard pricing, up to a H2 slab? Would be a small-ish house, around 150-180sqm (haven't selected a builder yet).

I've attached the pertinent pages of the soil report if that helps give a more accurate estimate

I might be missing something but why are you looking for a H2 slab cost?

Isn’t it a P site?
The report recommends a H2 slab with extra support due to the P classification.
Where?

Are both pages supposed to be the same btw or is there another page that discusses the slab somewhere?
Related
20/08/2023
Builder suspended works, demanding variations, cost increase

Building A New House

Fair Trading can issue orders to rectify and complete but once the matter goes to NCAT these orders are automatically vacated. You will have to terminate contract and sue…

2/09/2023
Builder suspended construction, demanding cost increase

Building A New House

How are you doing Ben? Extremely interested in hearing what you are doing or plan to do!

15/12/2023
Getting home built - Is H1 class waffle pod slab ok?

Building A New House

The Soil classification has little to do with piers. The purpose of the classing of the soil is to identify the clay content and the "average expected range of movement…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum