Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Cost to build Metricon home - Glendale / Salamanca

Page 1 of 1
Hello

First time posting - Have seen some very useful threads and comments so thought I would just ask.

We are looking at options for a new home - e.g., either knock down/rebuild or purchasing house to renovate etc - all the usual considerations

In considering building a Metricon home e.g., Glendale 39/42, or Salamanca 34 - what kinds of costs would you be looking at, realistically - e.g., $300k for base home, then $70k for upgrades, totalling $370k before driveway/landscaping etc ?

Or would $400-450k be more realistic before driveway etc ?

Want to get a sense of costs before blowing out on land etc

Thanks in advance
You are probably best to speak with a salesperson to get an accurate idea
allthingsnice
Hello

First time posting - Have seen some very useful threads and comments so thought I would just ask.

We are looking at options for a new home - e.g., either knock down/rebuild or purchasing house to renovate etc - all the usual considerations

In considering building a Metricon home e.g., Glendale 39/42, or Salamanca 34 - what kinds of costs would you be looking at, realistically - e.g., $300k for base home, then $70k for upgrades, totalling $370k before driveway/landscaping etc ?

Or would $400-450k be more realistic before driveway etc ?

Want to get a sense of costs before blowing out on land etc

Thanks in advance

Depends on how much you want to upgrade? Are you happy with builder's range/catagory 1 stuffs?
If the land is on decent soil and isn't to sloppy, at minimum $400k and the rest is up to you on how much you upgrade.
it depends on how many upgrades you want. We just moved into our Glendale 42. Base price with Peninsula facade was $320K, ended up spending about $530K plus another $40K for site costs. This price included exposed agg driveway, $15K for a brick shed/single garage in backyard, $22K for refrig cooling/heating unit. Didn't include carpet as we did this after handover. It all depends on your upgrades. Have a look at my thread for just some of the upgrades list - but I haven't listed all the individual selections. We didn't really go with anything standard - I think the only standard item was the laundry tap and style of ppts. Everything else was upgraded - taps, basins, counters, skirts, arcs, balustrade, bricks, mortar, tiles, windows, etc etc.
shokel1975
it depends on how many upgrades you want. We just moved into our Glendale 42. Base price with Peninsula facade was $320K, ended up spending about $530K plus another $40K for site costs. This price included exposed agg driveway, $15K for a brick shed/single garage in backyard, $22K for refrig cooling/heating unit. Didn't include carpet as we did this after handover. It all depends on your upgrades. Have a look at my thread for just some of the upgrades list - but I haven't listed all the individual selections. We didn't really go with anything standard - I think the only standard item was the laundry tap and style of ppts. Everything else was upgraded - taps, basins, counters, skirts, arcs, balustrade, bricks, mortar, tiles, windows, etc etc.

Many thanks for the information ! This is pretty much the exact information I was looking for - I had a look at your thread - your house looks beautiful ! Congrats on moving in =)

From your experience, it sounds like you can get something decent for about $600k..

I had spoken to a friend, and hers was more like $850k (although she had provincial and made changes to the plan, as well as during the build so that all added up), so that is a very different consideration to $600k

Wondering - how much additional costs did you factor in for landscaping ??

Thanks in advance
[quote="allthingsnice":3jwtuiu4][quote="shokel1975":3jwtuiu4]it depends on how many upgrades you want. We just moved into our Glendale 42. Base price with Peninsula facade was $320K, ended up spending about $530K plus another $40K for site costs. This price included exposed agg driveway, $15K for a brick shed/single garage in backyard, $22K for refrig cooling/heating unit. Didn't include carpet as we did this after handover. It all depends on your upgrades. Have a look at my thread for just some of the upgrades list - but I haven't listed all the individual selections. We didn't really go with anything standard - I think the only standard item was the laundry tap and style of ppts. Everything else was upgraded - taps, basins, counters, skirts, arcs, balustrade, bricks, mortar, tiles, windows, etc etc.[/quote:3jwtuiu4]
Many thanks for the information ! This is pretty much the exact information I was looking for - I had a look at your thread - your house looks beautiful ! Congrats on moving in =)

From your experience, it sounds like you can get something decent for about $600k..

I had spoken to a friend, and hers was more like $850k (although she had provincial and made changes to the plan, as well as during the build so that all added up), so that is a very different consideration to $600k

Wondering - how much additional costs did you factor in for landscaping ??

Thanks in advance[/quote:3jwtuiu4]

Thank you! We are very happy with how our home turned out 😊

You can definitely get something great for $600,000. We really didn’t make any changes to the floor plan other than extending the outdoor room to the corner of the house.

Landscaping will depend on how much hard landscaping you’ve got vs soft landscaping e.g. concreting, paving, retaining walls etc. That’s where the cost is.

If you’re getting someone to do it all I would estimate about $30,000. But again, there are so many variables – block size, slope of block....
Related
3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

31/01/2024
Is swimming pool cost effective to add value to new build?

Building A New House

The last home I lived in didn't have a pool and when i went to sell it the agents were not happy, even telling me to put one in to sell the place. The agents weren't happy…

13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum