Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

A/c duct

Page 1 of 1
Hi all- hoping someone can help me!

We are building a new home and my builder has now told me that there is a structural steel beam between the kitchen and family and they have to have the a/c duct coming down from Bed 1. Clearly their draftee made a mistake when my plans were initially drafted.

Their proposal is to have a wall- see in pic- red box. I think this is going to look weird. What else could be done. I am sure the builder is looking at the easiest way to fix their mistake!
Do you have a picture of the rooms beneath it?

amilelka
Do you have a picture of the rooms beneath it?

Yes i do. See pic. Thank you

Maybe you can move the red box next to the original AC duct.
Then get the builder to build another on the other side and add a bulkhead over. This way you can turn it into a feature over your bed?

I will ask if that can be done! Thank you!
Dee1980
Hi all- hoping someone can help me!

We are building a new home and my builder has now told me that there is a structural steel beam between the kitchen and family and they have to have the a/c duct coming down from Bed 1. Clearly their draftee made a mistake when my plans were initially drafted.

Their proposal is to have a wall- see in pic- red box. I think this is going to look weird. What else could be done. I am sure the builder is looking at the easiest way to fix their mistake!
Hi Dee
Looking at the plan, to me, the builder's idea would probably be best. Once it is boxed in it will look as if it's part of the hall. The window near it might needed to be moved if you feel it is now too close to the new end wall position.

What about moving it into the WIR so the room size isnt affected and also reclaiming the unused duct into the robe in bed 1?

Or what about in the other end of the robe near the corridor?
Related
20/04/2024
Sealing Gas heater brevis underground duct

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Hi everyone Question about Brevis gas heating undergound - was recently installed by previous owners (<1 year old) but live in a relatively large house - 4 bdr - and only…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum