Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Thomas Archer Bayside Build

Page 19 of 20
scott2323
Blacktea2sugars
scott2323
Anyone know who pay the electricity bill during construction ? TA or customer ?

I know water is definitely paid by customer , but heard the electricity should be paid by builder during construction

Thanks

Yes builder pays water and power during construction. You get a set time after handover to get the utilities into your name. 👌

Thanks for the reply , I just got the electricity bill (usage + meter installation) and check with TA and been told customer need pay for the electricity / water - not TA

That is why I am confused since I always thought the electricity/water need be paid by the builder during construction

What others have said is correct. Is yours a custom build? If so I'm thinking might be the reason. But I would still question that.
scott2323

I know water is definitely paid by customer , but heard the electricity should be paid by builder during construction

Thanks

From the responses of others here, I'm guessing TA may have updated their contract. We signed in mid-July with TA. Our "Contract Specifications" states under Clause 2 - Services, that the owner is responsible for electricity for the duration of the building works. Same with water.
Almost finished my build with TA, can also confirm I have not been paying electricity. Started building in April this year but signed the contract just before end of Dec 2020.
For those where TA paid, did TA make you open an account with Origin? We are just about to start and signed the contract in Dec 2020. I thought it was odd that I had to open the account where my contract states they will pay.
I only had to sign a few documents relating to the installation of a gas meter with Origin - don't recall having to do it for electricity.

Hope this helps!
Thanks that is helpful. All sorted!
Long overdue updates - sorry

So, you know we baulked at the Thomas Archer joinery in the living room. Just didn't love the options and the cost wasn't fabulous either, especially once I'd broken it down.

So, just after Easter last year we got the fireplace done, and the joinery followed later.
fireplace has a Marmorino polished plaster finish, and is amazing to touch. Jetmaster 5X installed.
Joinery is floating and in identical laminate to kitchen.

Also finished late last year was the sideway landscaping

Then we put the shed on the "utility side of the house, near the pool equipment. Done.

Alfresco was delayed twice due to covid, but we got there, eventually.
Wall installed, clad and rendered. Breezeway window to match those in Dining room.
Beefeater Proline barbeque, Rhino heated glass door 218 litre bar fridge, Alfa Ciao pizza oven.
Corian benchtops.

Then all that was left, was the front fence, gate and lighting install

Auto slider to match fence, clad in 42 x 42 LOSP painted in Taubmans matte black. Gate synced to garage remote.
Letterbox is a secure parcel delivery with rear combination lock. 1.4 height.

Only pool deck remains (timber shortage and tradies have had covid). Then we'll be done done!
Blacktea2sugars

Here you might find this post useful
Post Handover
Unfortunately suppliers are going cold on Free Drinks...(Humour)
StructuralBIMGuy
Blacktea2sugars

Here you might find this post useful
Post Handover
Unfortunately suppliers are going cold on Free Drinks...(Humour)

Yes it is lockable. Might come in handy!
Lovely custom home.

The new additions to the house have come out nice 👍🏽
Blacktea2sugars

So, you know we baulked at the Thomas Archer joinery in the living room. Just didn't love the options and the cost wasn't fabulous either, especially once I'd broken it down.

So, just after Easter last year we got the fireplace done, and the joinery followed later.
fireplace has a Marmorino polished plaster finish, and is amazing to touch. Jetmaster 5X installed.

Then we put the shed on the "utility side of the house, near the pool equipment. Done.

Wall installed, clad and rendered. Breezeway window to match those in Dining room.
Beefeater Proline barbeque, Rhino heated glass door 218 litre bar fridge, Alfa Ciao pizza oven.
Corian benchtops.

Auto slider to match fence, clad in 42 x 42 LOSP painted in Taubmans matte black. Gate synced to garage remote.

Only pool deck remains (timber shortage and tradies have had covid). Then we'll be done done!

Pretty nice front fence, love it....
oh wow I LOVE all the finishing touches. It has come together so beautifully what an ultimate entertainers house that is! My favourite part has to be the dog portrait in the living room...we may have something similar ourselves
I'll send you DM have a few questions.
We just finished off the BBQ on ours so our house is now officially complete also! Haha its certainly not a quick process is it! x
What a well stocked bar 👏 Everything is looking so amazing!
iehn
scott2323

Thanks

From the responses of others here, I'm guessing TA may have updated their contract. We signed in mid-July with TA. Our "Contract Specifications" states under Clause 2 - Services, that the owner is responsible for electricity for the duration of the building works. Same with water.

That is appalling. Should be the builder. Geez they are scrimping and saving every little penny, lol.
Blacktea2sugars
iehn
scott2323

Thanks

That is appalling. Should be the builder. Geez they are scrimping and saving every little penny, lol.

Can not agree more
chars0974
Blacktea2sugars

Corian benchtops.

Pretty nice front fence, love it....

The house is looking fabulous! Nothing like finishing touches to make it a home! Enjoy your little piece of paradise
Hi fellow TA builders!
After an insanely LONG planning process my build is finally starting. I spoke to my site coordinator today for the first time, Gary, who seemed lovely however he was very against me engaging with an independent building inspector ( I have engaged with New Home Inspections). He said it would make the whole process negative and unpleasant, which is kind of a red flag! What's been everyone's experiences? My initial building coordinator stated it was very common to engage an independent inspector and was quite open to it.
Was the site coordinator against New Homes Inspections in particular, or any independent inspector in general?
jess1010
Hi fellow TA builders!
After an insanely LONG planning process my build is finally starting. I spoke to my site coordinator today for the first time, Gary, who seemed lovely however he was very against me engaging with an independent building inspector ( I have engaged with New Home Inspections). He said it would make the whole process negative and unpleasant, which is kind of a red flag! What's been everyone's experiences? My initial building coordinator stated it was very common to engage an independent inspector and was quite open to it.

Gary is our site supervisor and he didn't seem to have a problem with our building inspector. We're at lockup now so have been through a few inspection stages already. Having said that, we engaged one and advised TA from the beginning so he didn't have a say in it.
Related
2/10/2023
Carter Grange vs. Thomas Archer

Building A New House

We spent close to 2 years in a process with TA. It was horrible..... we got to tender, and the first cut was 50% over our budget which "they care such about meeting ". We…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

25/05/2023
Knockdown build in Heidelberg area - recommendations please

Building A New House

Hi We have finally decided to complete a KDR on our corner plot in NE Melbourne suburbs. Given its a corner plot approx. 400 sqm just a standard design may not fit the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum