Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Thomas Archer Bayside Build

Page 17 of 20
As our block was empty land- we did specify some conditions to the real estate agents prior to auction - one of which was access for required tests. We gave them five days notice in writing and they were fine.

The agents should be more forthcoming to you as the purchaser. If no joy- send next email to the director. As you mention- this is a huge time delay.
Blacktea2sugars
As our block was empty land- we did specify some conditions to the real estate agents prior to auction - one of which was access for required tests. We gave them five days notice in writing and they were fine.

The agents should be more forthcoming to you as the purchaser. If no joy- send next email to the director. As you mention- this is a huge time delay.

Thank you for sharing the experience Blacktea2sugars! Will definitely be requesting this again.
Thank you so much! We had specified a colour called Maraetai Quarter. I thought it was more grey when I saw in at the showroom on the tiny sample but looking up Dulux website it is a more of a blue/green. I think a lighter colour will be better fit in with the area we are in.
Blacktea2sugars
anged
Hi Blacktea2sugars - thanks for sharing pictures of your house. It looks amazing! May I ask what colour render your exterior upstairs/downstairs is? I am not happy with the colour I have selected.

Vanilla Quake half is the main Render colour- and the downpipes on those sections are Surfmist.

The highlight render is Dulux Silkwort and tgat is teamed with Shale grey pipes.

What render colour did you choose?[/

Thank you so much! We had specified a colour called Maraetai Quarter. I thought it was more grey when I saw in at the showroom on the tiny sample but looking up Dulux website it is a more of a blue/green. I think a lighter colour will be better fit in with the area we are in.

Which section did you have the highlight render?
scott2323
looks amazing !!!

@ Blacktea , may I ask which color you choose for your roof?

Seems you use "Surfmist" for your fascia / downpipe , which blend into the wall color nicely, but do you also use "surfmist" for the roof ?

Thx

I am so so so sorry- just saw this!
The roof is the same as all windows and aluminium doors- Monument.

Surfmist pipes match the Vanilla Quake half render
Shale Grey match the Silkwort.

Again sorry!
What render colour did you choose?[/

Which section did you have the highlight render?[/quote]

If you have any doubt at all- go buy a sample tin. Buy a piece of cement sheet and roll 2 coats on. Sit it in your backyard and look at it in morning/afternoon/evening light to ensure you love it. Im sure it will be fine but small samples indoor under warm lighting are not always helpful!
Blacktea2sugars
scott2323
looks amazing !!!

@ Blacktea , may I ask which color you choose for your roof?

Seems you use "Surfmist" for your fascia / downpipe , which blend into the wall color nicely, but do you also use "surfmist" for the roof ?

Thx

I am so so so sorry- just saw this!
The roof is the same as all windows and aluminium doors- Monument.

Surfmist pipes match the Vanilla Quake half render
Shale Grey match the Silkwort.
Not
Again sorry!

Not a problem

Thanks Blacktea
Blacktea2sugars
sifntdaz
Hi fellow TA builders

Does anyone have any recommendations for window furnishings and are happy to share a contact?

Thanks

Sure do.

I walked away from Dollar Curtains who were the epitome of useless.

Mortorised Blinds and Plantation Shutters - Blinds With Flair. Glenn 0411 061 206
Sheer linen Curtains and blockout liners - Curtains Direct. Geraldine 0466 060 260

Thanks for the recommendation on Geraldine. We have ended up going with them after getting a few quotes. She also asked me to thank you for the referral.
Blacktea2sugars
Updates-

Paving/tiling/copers continuing out the back. Spa was a toasty 36° today.

3 month warranty inspection yesterday. Very thorough. Mainly painting touch ups. A forgotten doorstop or two. First trade on site to start rectifications tomorrow!

Did TA include tiling for Alfresco?
Nope. Concrete slab left in alfresco as standard.
Their stance is that this is usually done as part of the "outside" landscaping., which is probably accurate. Some choose decking, others paving etc but I think the real kicker here is the drainage to prevent water ingress- esp if your stacker doors are recessed.

I've seen other builders pop tiles on, some do driveways and others modest front fences and letterboxes. Depends on each builder for what's in, and what's out.

As a side note- the Metricon house next to us had concrete in their alfresco too.
Blacktea2sugars
Their stance is that this is usually done as part of the "outside" landscaping., which is probably accurate. Some choose decking, others paving etc but I think the real kicker here is the drainage to prevent water ingress- esp if your stacker doors are recessed.

I've seen other builders pop tiles on, some do driveways and others modest front fences and letterboxes. Depends on each builder for what's in, and what's out.

As a side note- the Metricon house next to us had concrete in their alfresco too.

Our alfresco was concrete too, by Metricon, with a good step down from the house floor level which allows for decking or tiling to be installed. They made nice 'grip' pattern on the surface of the outdoor room slab. We since covered it up with decking though, so that the outdoor room and indoor floors are the same height.
Can confirm the same...TA is providing us with concrete alfresco with step down to put our own decking on there as well.
Blacktea2sugars

thanks for your info.
sifntdaz
Hi fellow TA builders

Does anyone have any recommendations for window furnishings and are happy to share a contact?

Thanks

Hi
I've just used Pace Interiors in Hawthorn for shutters and sheers and rollers. Really impressed with their work and working with their interior stylists and the owner directly who has now done two measures. They have their blinds made here in Melbourne and shutters overseas.
Cheers
Tania
Trieste
sifntdaz
Hi fellow TA builders

Thanks

Hi
I've just used Pace Interiors in Hawthorn for shutters and sheers and rollers. Really impressed with their work and working with their interior stylists and the owner directly who has now done two measures. They have their blinds made here in Melbourne and shutters overseas.
Cheers
Tania

thanks

we got about 5 quotes, of which Pace did an onsite consult / measure. We eventually went with the same ones that Blacktea used and have found them to be good. Pace and Lynch were on the higher end for what I felt identical products (i.e. same fabrics, wood used on shutters etc).
sifntdaz
Trieste
sifntdaz
Hi fellow TA builders

Thanks

Hi
Cheers
Tania

thanks

we got about 5 quotes, of which Pace did an onsite consult / measure. We eventually went with the same ones that Blacktea used and have found them to be good. Pace and Lynch were on the higher end for what I felt identical products (i.e. same fabrics, wood used on shutters etc).

Thanks for replying.
Ran out of time. Lockdown again but may need a quote for the motorised blind in the void. Hope it's all turning out nicely.
Thanks for the reply! May need quote for motorised blinds for void depending on how summer goes!
Blacktea2sugars
mrjl
Thanks for this thread, been thinking about engaging with TA and this is really helpful!! Any recent pics of your backyard?

also just wondering who you went with for pool and basketball installation?

Basketball Court for those that wanted an updated pic.

DreamCourts. Speak to Chris Cadden- amazing. Has a solution for everything. All up inc concrete- around $14-$16 K.

Wow that basketball court looks absolutely amazing!

I am thinking of doing a knock down rebuild on my old weatherboard in Altona and am tossing up between either a basketball court or pool in the backyard.

Feel like I would get much more use 12 months a year of a quality $15k basketball court than a $100k pool that would only be used 3 months of the year.....

Lot less maintenance as well.
hawkas
Blacktea2sugars
mrjl
Thanks for this thread, been thinking about engaging with TA and this is really helpful!! Any recent pics of your backyard?

also just wondering who you went with for pool and basketball installation?

Basketball Court for those that wanted an updated pic.

DreamCourts. Speak to Chris Cadden- amazing. Has a solution for everything. All up inc concrete- around $14-$16 K.

Wow that basketball court looks absolutely amazing!

I am thinking of doing a knock down rebuild on my old weatherboard in Altona and am tossing up between either a basketball court or pool in the backyard.

Feel like I would get much more use 12 months a year of a quality $15k basketball court than a $100k pool that would only be used 3 months of the year.....

Lot less maintenance as well.

Why not do both is you can?
Fair point

My block is 688 sq/m so should be able to fit a pool and basketball court on it

Just curious how often do you use the swim spa in the colder months?
Related
2/10/2023
Carter Grange vs. Thomas Archer

Building A New House

We spent close to 2 years in a process with TA. It was horrible..... we got to tender, and the first cut was 50% over our budget which "they care such about meeting ". We…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

25/05/2023
Knockdown build in Heidelberg area - recommendations please

Building A New House

Hi We have finally decided to complete a KDR on our corner plot in NE Melbourne suburbs. Given its a corner plot approx. 400 sqm just a standard design may not fit the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum