Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Thomas Archer Bayside Build

Page 16 of 20
Hi fellow TA builders

Does anyone have any recommendations for window furnishings and are happy to share a contact?

Thanks
sifntdaz
Hi fellow TA builders

Does anyone have any recommendations for window furnishings and are happy to share a contact?

Thanks

I went with Dollar curtains in oakleigh for timber plantation shutters, roller blinds and sheer curtains. Will upload photos once they are installed.
sifntdaz
Hi fellow TA builders

Thanks

Sure do.

I walked away from Dollar Curtains who were the epitome of useless.

Mortorised Blinds and Plantation Shutters - Blinds With Flair. Glenn 0411 061 206
Sheer linen Curtains and blockout liners - Curtains Direct. Geraldine 0466 060 260
We set ourselves a target of Easter to get the front done...just stuck in!
Fence, gate and driveway slider coming soon but at least the grass is in and it looks more "finished".
Not lure how long permit for fence will take (limited to 1200 high or under here in Bayside without a permit).

Anyway- Happy Easter homes.

Blacktea2sugars
Fence, gate and driveway slider coming soon but at least the grass is in and it looks more "finished".
Not lure how long permit for fence will take (limited to 1200 high or under here in Bayside without a permit).

Wow! The jewel in the crown! How stunning is that!! Love your plant selection-especially the ferns😀
wow looks amazing. bet you would have enjoyed the pool this lovely easter weekend. hope you are all settled into the new home now.
looks amazing !!!

@ Blacktea , may I ask which color you choose for your roof?

Seems you use "Surfmist" for your fascia / downpipe , which blend into the wall color nicely, but do you also use "surfmist" for the roof ?

Thx
Blacktea2sugars

This facade looks beautiful! TBH, we were struggling to find a S facade that we were in love with if we decide to go with TA until I saw your finished home. Thanks for posting the photos
Blacktea2sugars

Just Wow! Looks absolutely amazing! I actually thought that this was a catalog render.
dulie
Blacktea2sugars

Just Wow! Looks absolutely amazing! I actually thought that this was a catalog render.

Oh wow thanks mate. High praise indeed!

Had our maintenance stuff done last week.
24 items (which is pretty good apparently?)

Couple of door stops missing, tighten a door handle etc
Majority was caulking and/or touch up painting.
Really impressed that they filled in ceiling holes left by batten fix lights that were replaced post handover by my sparkies.

Fireplace in next couple of weeks just in time for Melbourne's famous winters.
BigDaddy
sifntdaz
Hi fellow TA builders

Thanks

I went with Dollar curtains in oakleigh for timber plantation shutters, roller blinds and sheer curtains. Will upload photos once they are installed.

Hi bigdaddy I've noticed that you now have blinds installed! How did you find dollar curtains??? Would you recommend?
Wellbuild
BigDaddy
sifntdaz
Hi fellow TA builders

Thanks

Hi bigdaddy I've noticed that you now have blinds installed! How did you find dollar curtains??? Would you recommend?

Yes. Installed few days ago. Highly recommend Dollar curtains in Oakleigh. Nice people and good service. Installed shutters, blinds and curtains throughout and these ppl were lower compared to quite a few.
Hi Blacktea2sugars - thanks for sharing pictures of your house. It looks amazing! May I ask what colour render your exterior upstairs/downstairs is? I am not happy with the colour I have selected.
anged
Hi Blacktea2sugars - thanks for sharing pictures of your house. It looks amazing! May I ask what colour render your exterior upstairs/downstairs is? I am not happy with the colour I have selected.

Vanilla Quake half is the main Render colour- and the downpipes on those sections are Surfmist.

The highlight render is Dulux Silkwort and tgat is teamed with Shale grey pipes.

What render colour did you choose?
Hi blacktea2sugars, bigdaddy and anyone else who have completed their TA build. Just about to finish fixing stage (joinery is in) and wondering how you approached slight imperfections / chips etc.. on any included joinery.

Did you get TA to fix / replace panels etc? Or did you think that it was never going to be perfect?

thanks
sifntdaz
Hi blacktea2sugars, bigdaddy and anyone else who have completed their TA build. Just about to finish fixing stage (joinery is in) and wondering how you approached slight imperfections / chips etc.. on any included joinery.

Did you get TA to fix / replace panels etc? Or did you think that it was never going to be perfect?

thanks

absolutely get TA to fix any issues you have with joinery. You are paying for a premium volume builder so there are certain standards they need to adhere to. We had them fix all our joinery imperfections (e.g. scratches on the panels, the joins not aligning with the cupboards etc) and there was no hesitation with any of our requests from them. I'm sure if it unreasonable they will push back but hopefully that doesn't happen. Chips etc definitely need to be addressed.
lilaandco
sifntdaz

thanks

absolutely get TA to fix any issues you have with joinery. You are paying for a premium volume builder so there are certain standards they need to adhere to. We had them fix all our joinery imperfections (e.g. scratches on the panels, the joins not aligning with the cupboards etc) and there was no hesitation with any of our requests from them. I'm sure if it unreasonable they will push back but hopefully that doesn't happen. Chips etc definitely need to be addressed.

thanks

did you get new panels or did they just do some sort of fix to it? also, did it stall your completion date or could this also be done post moving in?
sifntdaz
lilaandco
sifntdaz

thanks

thanks

did you get new panels or did they just do some sort of fix to it? also, did it stall your completion date or could this also be done post moving in?

Bit of both. They might end up doing it at the PCI stage though just in case there are any more trades coming through who scratch and dent things along the way.
No definitely didn't stall our dates but we didn't have any big asks. Joinery really shouldn't be a major fix based on our experience.
sifntdaz
lilaandco
sifntdaz

thanks

absolutely get TA to fix any issues you have with joinery. You are paying for a premium volume builder so there are certain standards they need to adhere to.

Sorry I'm a bit late to the party.
We had 1 issue in an overhead cupboard. It was noted by Darbecca, also by TA and a whole new door ordered. Took about 3 weeks- guy came in and replaced door in 20 minutes.

Correct- you are paying for a premium product!
Hi Blacktea2sugars, I've been really enjoying reading your thread while planning our build in Melbourne too. We have a small hiccup here - where the land hasn't settled and we're trying to get soil test + survey to start some actual drawings. The vendor hasn't been very responsive through the real estate agent. Just wondering how did you manage to have the surveyors in before settlement?

This would save us some valuable two months in planning the build..

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,
Related
2/10/2023
Carter Grange vs. Thomas Archer

Building A New House

We spent close to 2 years in a process with TA. It was horrible..... we got to tender, and the first cut was 50% over our budget which "they care such about meeting ". We…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

25/05/2023
Knockdown build in Heidelberg area - recommendations please

Building A New House

Hi We have finally decided to complete a KDR on our corner plot in NE Melbourne suburbs. Given its a corner plot approx. 400 sqm just a standard design may not fit the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum