Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with SJD Homes in 2020 - Charleston 310 customised

Page 2 of 2
We have had 6-7 bathrooms/toilets exhaust fan vents ducted and vent through the roof in our plans (rather than leaving them inside the ceiling/roof). I was actually not a fan of having too many vents on the (black) colorbond roof (as it looks ugly) so I discussed with my site supervisor and he mentioned that there is new product introduced in the market which will vent the exhaust fans through fascia. He helped me and we changed those from "vent through roof" to "vent through fascia".

I bought Brandford Anticon Blanket R1.3 for our colorbond roof for the whole house to reduce weather affect (Heat/Cold) and to reduce rain/hail noise.

Colorbond Roof + Anticon Blanket Installed (20-02-2021)

Facade Pillars, Heating Unit (Braemar 5.2 Star) + Heating Duct Work & Ducted Vacuum Pipes installation Completed (26-02-2021) And Plumbing pipes installation Completed [b](27-02-2021)[/b]

House Wrap Completed (02-03-2021) and Brick Work Started (03-03-2021) Our brick color is Tan

Ceiling and Wall Insulation Arrived (03-03-2021):
We have bought EarthWool R5.0 insulation for Ceiling, R2.5 Wall Insulation (Sound Shield & Weather) for all External Walls, R2.0 insulation for all internal and wet area walls

Ceiling & Wall Insulation Installed (13-03-2021)

Plaster Material Arrived 22-03-2021

Initial Plaster Work Completed 24 & 25-03-2021

Cornice Installed 31-03-2021

murtaza.sh
We have had 6-7 bathrooms/toilets exhaust fan vents ducted and vent through the roof in our plans (rather than leaving them inside the ceiling/roof). I was actually not a fan of having too many vents on the (black) colorbond roof (as it looks ugly) so I discussed with my site supervisor and he mentioned that there is new product introduced in the market which will vent the exhaust fans through fascia. He helped me and we changed those from "vent through roof" to "vent through fascia".

That’s a very good solution . Did you pay anything extra for that ?
murtaza.sh

Such a smart move! Effectively taking out 6 holes that could eventually leak. I can do this with bathroom ecxhaust but can't do for other 4 away from wall by more than 2m
Have you had any issues with site supervisor not completing works specified by the independent inspector?
SD3
Have you had any issues with site supervisor not completing works specified by the independent inspector?

Nah, our supervisor have been fixing most of the stuff picked up by our independent building inspector (Darbecca).
BTW guys, my house has been completed and handed over on 20 July 2021. However, I got lazy to post updates or pictures etc... I will share my experience with SJD Homes when I get chance
That's awesome. My SJD build kicks off on Feb 2, hopefully not too many issues, lol.
Let the fun times begin!
Hi Murtaxa,

Great to see your home building journey. How was your experience with SJD? Will you recommend them?

I am looking to build and was thinking about exploring with SJD. Any advice?
Roshy
Hi Murtaxa,

Great to see your home building journey. How was your experience with SJD? Will you recommend them?

I am looking to build and was thinking about exploring with SJD. Any advice?

Hi Roshy, it's been 20 months since we moved to the new house we built with SJD and I can definitely recommend them. Their 3 months after-handover maintenance team was awesome.
Related
14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum