Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Review my Custom Floor plan? [Double Storey, NSW]

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys,

Wondering if you could suggest any amendments to my Customer Floor plan?

Double storey being built in NSW
Land Size: 400m2
Frontage: 12.5m

Couple of questions:

1) Any recommended alterations?
2) Will I have enough room for a plunge pool in future?

Thank you,

Which way is North?

I think your main bathroom layout is flawed - with the vanity position. I also the the ensuite is poorly designed.

The cooktop, is it not centred to the window? I also prefer no sink in the island. I think the fridge isnt placed in the best spot either.

Im not sure the inwards opening laundry door is the best idea. Id do away with the hallway to laundry all together - moving GGE entry door and the storage room door too - but Im not a fan of hallways.

Why are there no windows by dining and living room side?
Since you already have a second living space on the ground floor you may want to consider turning what appears to be a theatre room into a guest bedroom and enlarging the powder room + the storage area just in front of it to add a shower. For me a ground floor bedroom + bath room is a must, because it can be extremely useful if a family member or a guest have difficulty using stairs (injured/sick/pregnant/old etc..).
alymei
Which way is North?

I think your main bathroom layout is flawed - with the vanity position. I also the the ensuite is poorly designed.

The cooktop, is it not centred to the window? I also prefer no sink in the island. I think the fridge isnt placed in the best spot either.

Im not sure the inwards opening laundry door is the best idea. Id do away with the hallway to laundry all together - moving GGE entry door and the storage room door too - but Im not a fan of hallways.

Why are there no windows by dining and living room side?

Hi Alymei,

Land faces south so our alfresco will be north.

Thank you,
opti
Since you already have a second living space on the ground floor you may want to consider turning what appears to be a theatre room into a guest bedroom and enlarging the powder room + the storage area just in front of it to add a shower. For me a ground floor bedroom + bath room is a must, because it can be extremely useful if a family member or a guest have difficulty using stairs (injured/sick/pregnant/old etc..).

Thank you for your input.

The theater room will be set up in a way that an elderly family member will be able to sleep in there.

This has been taken into consideration. I might look into getting a shower put in downstairs as well.

Regards,
In addition to the other comments I would suggest the following:

-move the door for the bottom left upstairs bedroom so that it comes off the main hallway. Otherwise you will have a line of sight from your lounge /entry up to your bedroom door which will reduce privacy.

- the void over your dining room doesn't need to be so big. I would line up the void with the edge of the kitchen and allocate the additional space to the master ensuite.

Agree the main bathroom is poorly set out, flip the vanity between shower and bath, otherwise you’ll be walking sideways to get into room.
I also agree with amilelka in regards to rear void, i think it would look odd as you have it now, add the space to master ensuite.
Also not sure why the laundry doesn’t line up with pantry wall.
I’d also try and widen the entry, otherwise its going to look like a tunnel.
I really think the design has been compromised in order to inefficient voids...
Agreed with amileka, make the void a little smaller to line up with kitchen, you could make a great en suite like in the Rawson Cheilfy 40:

https://www.rawsonhomes.com.au/-/media/ ... C82CE89D9C

https://www.rawsonhomes.com.au/-/media/ ... 2E16A74C43
amilelka
In addition to the other comments I would suggest the following:

-move the door for the bottom left upstairs bedroom so that it comes off the main hallway. Otherwise you will have a line of sight from your lounge /entry up to your bedroom door which will reduce privacy.

- the void over your dining room doesn't need to be so big. I would line up the void with the edge of the kitchen and allocate the additional space to the master ensuite.

Both great ideas. Thank you for your input.

I think the moving of the door will be important, because that way I can use that blank wall for a painting or something instead of having a door there.
gogo65
Agree the main bathroom is poorly set out, flip the vanity between shower and bath, otherwise you’ll be walking sideways to get into room.
I also agree with amilelka in regards to rear void, i think it would look odd as you have it now, add the space to master ensuite.

This is an interesting one. I didnt really look into the Main Bathroom.

I will move the vanity in between the shower and the bath.

Not sure why the laundry isn't lined up to the pantry, I will speak to the person designing the plan

Can you please elaborate on which entry you are referring to? The main entry or the entry into the Laundry?
Gildea
Agreed with amileka, make the void a little smaller to line up with kitchen, you could make a great en suite like in the Rawson Cheilfy 40:

https://www.rawsonhomes.com.au/-/media/ ... C82CE89D9C

https://www.rawsonhomes.com.au/-/media/ ... 2E16A74C43

That is a fantastic ensuite, but I don't know if we can achieve that as the one in our draft is a lot narrower.

Thank you,
VENGEANCE
gogo65

This is an interesting one. I didnt really look into the Main Bathroom.

I will move the vanity in between the shower and the bath.

Not sure why the laundry isn't lined up to the pantry, I will speak to the person designing the plan

Can you please elaborate on which entry you are referring to? The main entry or the entry into the Laundry?

I was talking about the main entry, it’s seems very narrow and long, will be dark.

Also in regards to the suggested en-suite change, if you make the void smaller you’ll have plenty of room to make a fantastic en-suite!
Related
25/05/2023
Floor plan review

Building A New House

i thought the flipped plan initially but bec i want narrow pathway from entry to dining (dont like bend), also cannot fit the…

4/09/2023
Wide floor plan volume/semi-custom

Building A New House

Hi, Seeking volume or semi-custom builder in victoria(east), which have existing double story wide floor plans. Seeking 18-20m wide homes with depth of 12-15m long. Or…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum