Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone installing Quantum Next gen range of Vinyl planks ?

Page 1 of 2
A new range of Luxury Vinyl planks hit the market late last year.

They are the Quantum Next Gen range by Proline floors who claim that....”During scientific testing, Quantum outperformed all of the current loose lay planks in the market. Results show that Quantum is 5 times more dimensionally stable than the nearest performing product in this category.
Not only does Quantum perform in a wide variety of climates, we have also incorporated high-end anti fade inks that are rated 40% higher than the European standard. This ensures that the floor will resist fading during the harsh Australian summer.”

I am about to order 150sqm of the new range of vinyl planks in the ‘Amsterdam’ colour, but wondered if any forumites have had these installed, and whether they are happy with the outcome.
Hi Bebbsy, How did you get on with the install of the Amsterdam planks? We have just selected these for our home 90sqm so just seen this post and was wondering what your thoughts are so far?
We have placed an order and paid the deposit but due to the popularity of this particular plank, Proline has sold out of all their stock and are awaiting a new shipment to arrive in March. It’s a hassle as we are just about to move into our house but unavoidable as we have decided this is the one we like. 😢
Interesting, I'll be speaking to the company we are ordering off tomorrow and see what they tell me about lead time, its not a question I've asked at this stage.
The Adelaide based flooring retailer we ordered through were also very surprised. They actually phoned Proline floors while I was there so I heard the conversation. Amsterdam has been the most popular seller.

We did also did quite like Copenhagen, and for which there was plenty of stock on hand, I think it was only Amsterdam that had sold out.

So quite likely the company you are ordering through will have no idea about stock levels either, until they contact Proline to place your order. Let me know how you go, I’ll be interested to know what they say.
Cool interesting I'm in Brisbane so will see what response I get.

What price did you get quoted for supply and install? I'm not sure of exactly what mine is yet but will advise once I know.

I'm Peter by the way.
Hi Peter, I sent you a PM with details of cost etc. 😊
Hi Bebbsy and Peter !

I'm also considering using the Quantum Vinyl for my house But in the Malmo color.

Really love the quality and benefits of the product.

Just wondering what you guys got quoted ? I'm in NSW and my quote seems expensive. around $80 per sqm

hope to hear from you soon

Rheidol
Hi, I just sent you a PM with the cost per sq metre.
Cheers
Bebbsy
Hi Bebbsy,
Has your flooring arrived? And if so are you happy with it.
I am looking at the Hinterland Blackbutt.
Also would like to know how much you where quoted, and did that include installation.
Thanks
Hi Bebbsy and Peter and anyone considering install of Quantum Spotted gum vinyl plank flooring. We would be very interested to compare pricing as we have been quoted a price including basic installation, plus additional costs for inspecting and preparing sub-floor, plus another cost for removing and dumping old floor ! The total end price is very expensive ! Has anyone else had this plus plus plus pricing ? Would anyone share pricing quotes to help?
PS were in Sydney.
Cheers Adrian

Bebbsy
Hi, I just sent you a PM with the cost per sq metre.
Cheers
Bebbsy
VCM
Hi Bebbsy,
Has your flooring arrived? And if so are you happy with it.
I am looking at the Hinterland Blackbutt.
Also would like to know how much you where quoted, and did that include installation.
Thanks

Hi, our flooring arrived in Australia about 2 weeks ago and we are expecting installation next Monday.
Fingers crossed it looks great! I’ll pm you with the cost.
Hi Bebbsy

How did the Quantum Amsterdam go ?
Are you happy with it ?
Cost per sqm to buy and then lay too if u don’t mind

Anyone else feel free to comment - cheers

Thanks

RobbieJ
Hi, we are very pleased with the product and looks great in our house. Cost was $67 per sqm installed, using a pressure adhesive. I understand this is a lot cheaper than forumites are getting quoted in the eastern states, but we live in Adelaide and seems it’s not as expensive here.
Thank u for the update and info much appreciated
Hi Bebbsy,

We are in Adelaide and looking at having Oslo installed.
Can you advise the flooring company you purchased your Quantum from?
Tks Emma
From Floors Direct, Salisbury Plain.
emmadubs
Hi Bebbsy,

We are in Adelaide and looking at having Oslo installed.
Can you advise the flooring company you purchased your Quantum from?
Tks Emma

Hi, we are also looking at the Quantum Next Gen Oslo or Bergen. Did you proceed with Oslo and do you have photos. Sample looks nothing like in the brochure so a little unsure. Cheers!
Bebbsy
Hi, we are very pleased with the product and looks great in our house. Cost was $67 per sqm installed, using a pressure adhesive. I understand this is a lot cheaper than forumites are getting quoted in the eastern states, but we live in Adelaide and seems it’s not as expensive here.

Hi Bebbsy
I know this is an old post, but just wanted to see how your vinyl planks are holding up? We want to install them upstairs so I’m not sure if they will withstand the weather.
We are in Sydney.
We installed Amsterdam 15 months ago into our newly constructed house. It is a great product, very hard wearing and easy to clean.
Having now been through one summer and two winters (temps range from 4-40 degrees here), I’m very pleased that there has been no movement, no lifting and no gapping between the planks.
We also have a 50kg dog and there is no scratching at all, and with 2 sets of very large north east facing sliding doors we have experienced no fading either.
The product has definitely lived up to the manufacturer’s claims.
The only word of warning is to make sure they are fitted by a professional layer, these are not designed to be laid by a handyman.
Related
6/10/2023
installing vinyl planks underlay

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi l plan to install a self adhesive vinyl plank floor. l first need to attach masonite boards underlay to by plywood subfloor of my house. What size nails and how many…

28/07/2023
My builder made the wrong height door, what should I do next

Building A New House

i imagine you also have another contract with an architect? and yeah, whatever other's said about special conditions and appendices

30/10/2023
Running irrigation line under footpath (next to home)

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all I am looking to run a water line under my concrete footpath which is directly next to my home, was seeing if this is possible without cutting the entire section…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum