Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building

Page 1 of 1
New to the forum. Anyone built with plunkett homes? Are they good and would you build with them again please?
Ta
Hi Silkroad
Welcome to the forum
No I haven't built with them but have spoken to 3 plunkett potential buyers in piara waters in the last week while on site inspections with other smaller builders
IMO Plunkett build a reasonable home, expensive tho in the current perth depre$$ed market ( read below)
Larger project Builders ( that employ+100's) can't beat smaller builders with low overheads that work from the back of their ute

May I suggest you own Copyright on your Drawings+Engineering+Specs (D+E+S) and Shop around include Plunkett and 3 others
avoid handing over a PPA deposit on a sketch without upgrades (always include completed Engineering + Specs), the feedback on post PPA variation costs,engineering & blowouts are huge,etc,etc ( search this forum on Price Gouging)

My2c No point in spending $3K and then walking out, as that money is best in your pocket.
For $3K make sure your own designer includes Design +Engineering+ Specs + 3D material Quantities, Cost and data
use this information as a baseline comparison when checking all other quotes
Those clients that walk out on builders NEVER post on homeone.. but they are out there... what are the chances of meeting 3 in a week?
Cheers
Chris
OT great time to be in perth, low build rates, quick build times, low interest rates,etc
Thank you so much for the information
Thank you so much for the information. And also are you able to recommend a designer please?
You'// need a Design Engineer with the knack for Design,Bim, Data/ Proofs and with a sense of humour
Leave a PM
Cheers
Chris
Related
9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

11/05/2023
Building duplex at the hills council area

Building A New House

Even if it's not being sub-divided and you want to keep it as Torrens title, you will still need to talk to a town planner or Council themselves, to see if they will allow…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum