Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Perth Project Builders M2 Pricing

Page 1 of 1
Hi all, long time reader first post.
We have started the process to build our new home in Perths Northern suburbs. I have been in discussions with 3 reasonably well known project builders over the last few weeks and now starting to see prices. I realise that it is a very competative market in Perth at the moment as reflected in some of the prices so far. Just wondering what sort of M2 prices others are getting. Our build is a custom 320m2 total 4 x 3 with 31 course ceilings throughout including garage, 28 course doors, carpets and tiles excluding wall paint and driveway, best price I have so far i around $880 M2 total including provisional site works of 15k and BAL19. Which I feel is pretty reasonable.
What prices are others seeing at the moment.
Cheers
Gee that seems almost unrealistic ,280,000 for a custom build,there has to be some big surprises somewhere or lots left out and or doubtful quality ,ask plenty of questions and check how possible or realistic the price given is.

Joker
Gee that seems almost unrealistic ,280,000 for a custom build,there has to be some big surprises somewhere or lots left out and or doubtful quality ,ask plenty of questions and check how possible or realistic the price given is.

When I say custom build it is one of their advertised plans but heavily altered to suit. One of the builders is probably the biggest in W.A and the others are well known so I will be checking the fine print dont worry but it seems everyone is keen for your buisiness at the moment.
I would say $880 psqm is quite low and would be the very basis cost. What type of specs is the builder offering?
Brett0004
Joker

When I say custom build it is one of their advertised plans but heavily altered to suit. One of the builders is probably the biggest in W.A and the others are well known so I will be checking the fine print dont worry but it seems everyone is keen for your buisiness at the moment.
Really worth getting a pre contract inspection with a highly qualified inspector, mistakes, oversites ,unfair builder friendly clauses will be picked up,good luck.

Joker
Brett0004
Joker

Really worth getting a pre contract inspection with a highly qualified inspector, mistakes, oversites ,unfair builder friendly clauses will be picked up,good luck.

Good advice, will do. Thanks
chekii
I would say $880 psqm is quite low and would be the very basis cost. What type of specs is the builder offering?

Chekii in regards to specs as far as I can see specs between Perth "project" builders are similar across the board, I agree there will be a variance due to the trades people they use but concrete slab, double brick and framed timber roof seems to be how its done. Sure some use verticore and some dry wall internal bricks and there are pro's and cons to both, Some dry wall and others hard finish plaster. Roofs are framed with blue treated timber and 450 centered ceiling joists. I think more of the "Spec" comes with what you choose during fitout. All offer melamine cupboard carcases and engineered stone tops. A mix of Laminex or Formica door options and tapwear you can option up. As a sparky I have requested 3 phase mains and conduits down all walls. I have taken out any fancy light packages. All come with a fully ducted name brand zoned air conditioner suspended in the roof space. I have specified how waterproofing to wet areas is done, tiling to be mitred, front door 1200 wide and Delf linear handles, 28 coarse doors and frames throughout, Porcelain rectified 450 tiles and carpets to bedrooms (will see what is allowed for) Insulation R4 to entire house, and cavity insulation to west facing walls. Windows and frames seem to be all Jason or similar. Plumbing fitout is a bit of a mixture but will check prior to signing. I have requested 2 off instantanious gas water heaters located adjacent to wet areas. I have removed all paving and will organise my own. Site works which is provisional with all covers concrete soak wells (will check quantity) crossover, block survey, skim, etc. I will check all service connections are covered.

The prices given are all the first stage roughys and not the hard line sit down and sign prices so that will be interesting. I have a fairly long check list so I will be going through it and itemising. Will see how we go !! Interesting times.
Incrediable m2 price, good if you post the drawings together with inclusions so we can really check
Just an update on an old post, well its nearly finished and it has been a smooth process so far and at a good price. These photos are a few weeks old so its closer to being finished now.

Here is a copy of the Plan for those interested.

Just for clarity.
What did you end up paying total for the house?
Your original costings seemed very cheap.
Fortunately you built at just the right time. I wouldn't want to be building now. The price is up and quality will be down.
chippy
Just for clarity.
What did you end up paying total for the house?
Your original costings seemed very cheap.
Fortunately you built at just the right time. I wouldn't want to be building now. The price is up and quality will be down.

Was originally 291k, we upgraded the kitchen bench top to level 3 stone which added 7k. There is no way we would have got it for that now, that was signed up at the bottom of the cycle. Sure we missed out on all the Govt subsidies but I feel that we are miles in front, also your right I think we have had very good tradies as well on our job as well as a resonable timeframe. Slab was poured May 30 and basically finished in 2/3 weeks time.

Just to close off an old thread of mine here is it now ten months after we moved in. Still absolutely thrilled with our new home. Not so thrilled about how much yard to sort
You got an excellent deal there. We paid closer to $12/m2 back in 2011 and the quality was lousy.
Related
19/09/2023
Perth premium builders

Building A New House

You could try Marc homes (Giorgi) and Urbane

13/08/2023
Backyard Construction Project

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

That laser level looks lovely! We bought one for less than a quarter of that price off eBay. It worked really well for us and it's still going now, five years later. After…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum