Building A New House
Nov 28, 2019 1:23 pm
We plan to build Liberty 38 with the provincial facade in Ryde.
M has done and approved our compliance check on 22 Nov and offered for us to go straight to contract (i.e. skipping tender process), which we accepted so we are currently awaiting contract and have scheduled a contract review meeting with M New Homes Advisor (NHA) 14 Dec.
We reckon we captured all of our basic requirements in terms of structural changes and must-have wants.
Below are items that we have captured during cost and layout change with M NHA:
- Adding bedroom, ensuite and WIR on ground floor
- Ground floor height to 2700 mm and 1st floor to 2550 mm
- Extend outdoor room, include eave 390D
- Include driveway concrete and council cross over
- Butler pantry
- Hebel render
- Added toilet on 1st outside toilet
- Tile on ground and carpet on 1st which we plan to change to timber and our sales consultant provision $5k for us
- 80m island bench and waterfall on both side
- Provide gas connection
- Change electric induction cooktop to gas
- Tile to ceiling on all wet area except laundry
- Upgrade most windows to size to 2100 mm instead of 1500 mm
- Upgrade entrance to 2340H x 1200W Hume Savoy Pivot entry door
- Change and add a couple doors to sliding door (gosh this one really adds up !)
- Change hot water system to Thermann 6 Star 26L 50 degree gas continous flow hot water system
We are quite happy with the draft plan from compliance because we only have to step down garage to 333m, compare to worst-case scenario of having steps inside the house. We only have to cut 800 mm and fill 700 mm. NHA has provision $25k for this so really looking forward to how much will this actually cost since we only have to step garage down.
I am looking forward to advice and encouragement from all of you, the KDR or new build warriors!
Excited but anxious at the same. Cheers
Metricon - Liberty 38 with Provincial facade - Ryde
https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic. ... &p=1859996
Sign in or Join to reply to this Topic
JXYLBuilding a Metricon Hampshire 45 KDR in Melbourne ProvincialBuilding a Metricon Hampshire 45 KDR in Melbourne Provincial
Congrats on the site start, really like your floor plan change. I'm building the Hampshire as well, just waiting for my building permit so hopefully not too long to…
kksMetricon Liberty 42 vs Carlisle Homes Granada Retreat 45Metricon Liberty 42 vs Carlisle Homes Granada Retreat 45
Norfie, mate, have you simply got a single-track mind? We've all got your message. There's some building company or other that you're not 100% on. OK, OK, OK, enough!