Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

MCDONALD JONES MONTEREY

Page 1 of 1
Hi All

We will buiding our new home with MJH in 2020 the Monterey4. Has anyone built this home. ?

If so could you share some photos. Hard to work off a plan

Thanks
Hi there, I will also be building a Monterey Four with McDonald Jones in 2020 and haven't been able to track down any photos of existing builds! Were you able to find any? Have you changed the design much?

Cheers,
bvd1 I suggest you ask McDonald Jones Homes directly to send you photos of the Monterey. Also they can provide you with contact details of many happy owners and you can discuss their projects with directly. In addition there are hundreds of delighted McDonald Jones customers on the productreview forum and Q&A that would be willing to speak with you directly about their homes and building experiences.
I have already tried that thanks. I have also read plenty of reviews and aware of happy customers but none that have built Monterey.
bvd1 I question whether the McDonald Jones’s Customers posting on productreview are real and provide accurate representations of their completed builds. Unfortunately hundreds of these questionable reviews together all contribute to the 4.7 star average rating that MJH advertises, potentially mis representing their real performance as a builder and mis leading buyers. That’s possibly why you don’t get a normal response. Regarding the Monterey, McDonald Jones sales staff surely should have no problems providing you with contact details of some genuine customers to speak with, given all their glowing reviews. This is normal business practice, providing references, details of experiences etc. Of course due to privacy legislation as well as common courtesy it’s appropriate McDonald Jones asks for their customers’ permissions first. Most people would be happy to oblige to help out others, and their builder MJH, with whom they had a great building experience with. If you want to consider real reviews of completed houses and McDonald Jones Homes performance over the complete building process then I suggest you ask them to organise for you speak directly to a few real customers! What have they got to hide here? It's questionable if they just seek to direct you to their social media marketing program, and their dubious anonymous 'verified' reviews.
In response McDonald Jones wrote:
"Hi Norfolk It's McDonald_Jones here, just wanted to jump in and assist with some questions raised. Product Review manages all the reviews posted on it's site and customers must provide purchase information to them so they can check and verify their validity - we have no control over this. We encourage our customers to post reviews so they can share their experiences with others, both positive and negative. If we do receive a negative review we investigate it so we can help the customer to fix the issue so they are then happy with their new home. We can't disclose customer's private information for privacy reasons, however we would love to do a post on our social channels about the Monterey and requests our customers that have or currently building one to share their photos. Keep a look out on our social channels at: Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/mcdonaldjoneshomes/ Instagram; https://www.instagram.com/mcdonaldjoneshomes/ and even Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com.au/mcdonaldjoneshm/ I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any further questions."

6 d
bvd1
Hi there, I will also be building a Monterey Four with McDonald Jones in 2020 and haven't been able to track down any photos of existing builds! Were you able to find any? Have you changed the design much?

Cheers,

Hello bvd1

Have you started building your Monterey Four yet? We hope to get the slab down in Mid June 2020.

We didn't change the design at all. Just made some cosmetic changes. Did you track down any photos, I have looked on Youtube and Goggle and nothing. Once we start building I will start an Instagram for MJH Monterey 4.

bvd1

Cheers,

HI there have you started building your home . We are in construction. Good luck with the build
Hi iregeo19 ,

I hope your building is progressing well. We are at a stage where considering to start the process with Mjh and my bigest unknow is the cost of the my choice studio and especially the tile choice. If you dont mind can you please let me know if the included tiles are reasonable and how much should one provision for upgrades in my choice studio.

Thanks,
Mili
milica.petrova
Hi iregeo19 ,

I hope your building is progressing well. We are at a stage where considering to start the process with Mjh and my bigest unknow is the cost of the my choice studio and especially the tile choice. If you dont mind can you please let me know if the included tiles are reasonable and how much should one provision for upgrades in my choice studio.

Thanks,
Mili

Hi Mili,

The build is going well. Next week the frame for 2nd level is commencing. We picked our bathroom and laundry tiles from the selection MJH had at the My Choice Studio. They have a good range, no extra cost. We decided to have a tiled splashback in a tile we like, however it was extra just under $3,000.00.. Depends on what you like just take your time to look and decide .. The guys at My Choice Studio are great and will assist you. We didn't go overboard kept to our budget. Good luck with it all. We are building in Shellharbour. What area are you building in. Any other questions happy to help
Cheers
Irene
Thanks a lot Irene. We are set on St Claire and building in Hurstville area. Really good to hear that the team is good and supportive. And you are right, it depends of how much you really want to spend. And are you building Monterey split level?
Mili
Hi Irene,

Thank you. Good to hear that the team in the studio are good and can support. We are set on St Claire and building in Hurstville area.
Spot on budget, at the end of the day you spend as much as you want but even with standard inclusions you can get good end product.

Are you building Monterey split level?

Mili
milica.petrova
Hi Irene,

Thank you. Good to hear that the team in the studio are good and can support. We are set on St Claire and building in Hurstville area.
Spot on budget, at the end of the day you spend as much as you want but even with standard inclusions you can get good end product.

Are you building Monterey split level?

Mili

Hi Mili

We bought the Indulgent Package . I think with the standard inclusion you have a good range to pick from.

Yes are we are building Monterey 4 split level as our land has side slope and would not suit a single level home. Plus we wanted to see the view of Jamberoo Escarpment.

We are from the Brighton area, so good luck with your home. It's an exciting time.

Kind Regards
Irene
Thanks a lot Irene, and talks soon.
Mili
iregeo19
milica.petrova
Hi iregeo19 ,

Thanks,
Mili

Hi Mili,

The build is going well. Next week the frame for 2nd level is commencing. We picked our bathroom and laundry tiles from the selection MJH had at the My Choice Studio. They have a good range, no extra cost. We decided to have a tiled splashback in a tile we like, however it was extra just under $3,000.00.. Depends on what you like just take your time to look and decide .. The guys at My Choice Studio are great and will assist you. We didn't go overboard kept to our budget. Good luck with it all. We are building in Shellharbour. What area are you building in. Any other questions happy to help
Cheers
Irene

Hi Irene,

Good to hear your build is progressing well. We are at consolidated tender stage for our Monterey 4. Still haven't seen any example images of the design... would love to see photos of your build if you are willing to share perhaps via DM? We are hoping things will progress soon for our build. Thanks!
iregeo19
Hi All

We will buiding our new home with MJH in 2020 the Monterey4. Has anyone built this home. ?

If so could you share some photos. Hard to work off a plan

Thanks

Hi.

We are in gerringong and looking at the Monterey split level through McDonald jones. Still no display home for this and nothing much online.

Assume yours is built now? Any feedback or tips?

Thanks
Heath
Related
26/10/2023
Building with Mcdonalds jones home

Building A New House

Hi AKG, We had a base tender of $592 for 31 squares from MC Donald Jones. It looks relatively cheaper than other builders. But I assume there are many hidden things that…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum