First home build
I am sharing my journey and experience with the hopes of helping someone out there thinking of building amidst the pandemic.
If you could provide any advice that would be great! Also willing to share my experience so ask away if you have any questions.
Home design: Adina 24
Chosen facade: Freedom
Home options: Enhance Master Suite; Enhance Kitchen, Walk-in Pantry and Laundry
I also went through Loan Market (Ausbuild's in-house mortgage broker). I went through with OwnIt Conveyancing for my conveyancing needs.
Timeline thus far below:
Mortgage (guarantor backed)
- Initial contact with broker: 15 June 2020
- Guarantor property inspection & valuation: 22 June 2020 (inspection in the morning; valuation completed by EOD)
- Loan documents and requirements (borrower and guarantors) complete and sent to broker: 3 July 2020
- Loan application submitted: 10 July 2020
- Bank conditional approval received: 13 July 2020 (conditional upon: continuously sending updated payslips; land and contract signed; and final valuation)
- Finance date: 4 August 2020
- Extended finance date: 18 August 2020
- Expression of interest signed & holding deposit paid: 20 June 2020
- Contract of sale completed by both parties: 14 July 2020
- First home quote proposal received: 19 June 2020 (then a plethora of questions and requests of quotes followed)
- Preliminary building documents received: 24 July 2020
- Preliminary building documents signed: 27 July 2020 (building deposit paid)
- Home quote finalised and signed: 6 August 2020
- Contacted by contracts admin and was told to expect the build contract in 4 weeks (usually 3 but extended to 4 due to backlog caused by increased workload due to Home Builder Grant): 13 August 2020
- Build contract signed!: 4 September 2020
- Slab laid - 30 November 2020
Upgrades + rough cost:
- Tiles appointment - $7,500
- Electrical appointment - $3,500
- Selections appointment - $10,000
details to follow!
-- CURRENT STEP --
- Construction underway! The Christmas closure will pause progress but I was told that the site will be locked-up before AusBuild's closure period.
-- CURRENT FEELING --
Excited that I visit weekly to take progress photos of the build from afar.