Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Firstyle Home - Marsden Park

Page 1 of 3
Well, there isn't much Firstyle Home posts so thought I'd post one.

Just paid to get the lot off the market. Very excited to start this journey as a first home owner.

Have decided to go with Logan farcade.
http://www.firstyle.com.au/site/Default ... e_LHSD.jpg

Land is registering in Feb 2020. Would love to hear any tips/advices so I can get my build right and what to watch out for.

Looking to go with more of grey/white/wooden theme on the house.
I agree. I've been looking as well and can't find Anything recent.

Congratulations. We are also first home buyers. Our land is already registered, waiting final plans. Have to say I'm feeling confident as they have started building two doors down from us and really surprised by the progress.

We are quite indecisive people so i am trying to get ideas and choose colours early so we can really be sure.

My only concern is we didn't receive anything regarding flooring. Don't know who the flooring is done by now.
Congrats to you as well!

Did you buy the package with land registered or did you wait for it to be registered? How long did it take?

Where are you building? Marsden Park or? When is your build starting? We are the same with the ideas and colours haha!
Hi. Yes our land was already registered. We are building on Austral.
The flooring is done by Abruzzo Ceramic tiles, and you can visit their showroom at anytime. The sales people are very helpful and will guide you on the standard and upgrade range. You won't be needing to see your tile selection until late in your construction progress. So keep this one on the back burner.

Pay close attention to all details at the colour section appointment. There are so many things to consider so make notes on what to ask. This process is time consuming and alot of back and forth communication required with your construction administrator post appointment.
triquee79
The flooring is done by Abruzzo Ceramic tiles, and you can visit their showroom at anytime. The sales people are very helpful and will guide you on the standard and upgrade range. You won't be needing to see your tile selection until late in your construction progress. So keep this one on the back burner.

Pay close attention to all details at the colour section appointment. There are so many things to consider so make notes on what to ask. This process is time consuming and alot of back and forth communication required with your construction administrator post appointment.

Thanks for reply!
Does that include carpet?

Just trying to get all my ideas sorted so nothing is mismatched and can get a general colour scheme šŸ˜Š
So far, we got our land contract. Haven't paid the $15k fees yet, not sure if we should be paying that now or later?

NatNatNat : I think carpet is also included at colour section, I'm not too sure yet.
Just an update. We finally paid our $15,400 to get to next stage!

How'd you go NatNatNat? What stage are you on now?
Onram

Congratulations Onram!

Glad to see this thread. Iā€™m also a FHB planning to build with Firstyle as we like their floor layout the most. Now waiting for our appointment to discuss the tender.
Onram

Hi Onram,

We are just waiting for building to commence on 31st of Jan.

How about yourself?
star26
Onram

Congratulations Onram!

Glad to see this thread. Iā€™m also a FHB planning to build with Firstyle as we like their floor layout the most. Now waiting for our appointment to discuss the tender.

Hi star26.

Let me know how you go with Firstyle. Where are you building? What estate?
NatNatNat
Onram

Hi Onram,

We are just waiting for building to commence on 31st of Jan.

How about yourself?

Hi NatNatNat

We are now currently waiting for our preliminary plans which should be here after the holidays.

Please keep me updated on the building progress as I would love to see them! Do you have a thread on this?
Onram
Well, there isn't much Firstyle Home posts so thought I'd post one. Just paid to get the lot off the market. Very excited to start this journey as a first home owner.

Hey Onram - you sound very excited about this journey you are about to go on

What size land is it and how much was it? Also was looking in that area but found it a bit out of our price range

Are there good conveyancing lawyers in Marsden Park? Have you started looking into 'building inspectors' (not affiliated with your builder) who can independently go on site during major phases of the house build and give you reports if there are any issues or broken promises?
Onram

Hi star26.

Weā€™re building at Marsden Park with Newpark estate.
star26
Onram
Hi star26.

Hey star26 - which builder are you using? How much was the land and what size (if you feel comfortable to share)?
TeslaCyberTruck
Onram
Well, there isn't much Firstyle Home posts so thought I'd post one. Just paid to get the lot off the market. Very excited to start this journey as a first home owner.

Hey Onram - you sound very excited about this journey you are about to go on

What size land is it and how much was it? Also was looking in that area but found it a bit out of our price range

Are there good conveyancing lawyers in Marsden Park? Have you started looking into 'building inspectors' (not affiliated with your builder) who can independently go on site during major phases of the house build and give you reports if there are any issues or broken promises?

Hi teslaCyberTruck,

I am very excited for sure! First time building & first home owner as well.

Land was 300sqm at $390k - We have our solicitor which was referred through from a family friend and he is based in Sydney CBD. Yes, we're planning to go with Houspect but haven't got an quote or anything yet.

What about you? Where are you buying?
Onram
Hi TeslaCyberTruck,
I am very excited for sure! First time building & first home owner as well. Land was 300sqm at $390k - We have our solicitor which was referred through from a family friend and he is based in Sydney CBD. Yes, we're planning to go with Houspect but haven't got an quote or anything yet. What about you? Where are you buying?

You could try also get quotes from the below building / construction inspectors (IBI):
* Inspect It First - (02) 9629 3888 [based in Rouse Hill]
* Vital Building Inspections - 0401 012 074 [based in Stanhope Gardens]
* Independent Property Inspections Norwest - 0412 080 857 [based in Stanhope Gardens]
* Hills District Building Inspections - 1800 600 761 [based in Quakers Hill]
* Abode Building Inspections - 0408 171 517 [based in Ryde]
* Houspect - 1300 258 789 [based in Warriewood] << the one you are planning to use

If all of the above are same and as good as each other, choosing one near Marsden Park might save you some money as they don't then have to charge you extra for travel and time spent traveling back and forth from their office to the building sight in MP, but in the end use an IBI that you feel most comfortable with

We are looking for a 375m2 to 400m2 land (want to build a single storey) and budget-wise want to keep it in the $200,000's for the land purchase, so we got priced out of Marsden Park (and Schofields and Riverstone) and instead heading for Melbourne (outer north about 34km from Melbourne CBD - Kalkallo / Donnybrook). It's distance wise almost same as Circular Quay [Sydney CBD] to Berowra / Mount Kuring-Gai (give or take 35km)
TeslaCyberTruck
star26
Onram
Hi star26.

Hey star26 - which builder are you using? How much was the land and what size (if you feel comfortable to share)?

Probably we will go with Firstyle. The land is $405,000 for a 327sqm block.
star26
TeslaCyberTruck
star26

Probably we will go with Firstyle. The land is $405,000 for a 327sqm block.

Cool, Marsden Park looks like an area that by 2025 / 2030 will be thriving, pretty sure they are going to extend the train line (metro) from Tallawong thru to the new West-Sydney Airport area and the MP train station will be near where there currently is a recycling centre (by looking at the maps). Once the train line is confirmed house prices will jump upwards in MP and when metro is actually operational and people visually see the train moving house prices will go up a bit more

Are you planning to use an IBI (independent building inspector)? If so which one? I have listed some in one of the posts above so that incase in the future those in MP (and Schofields, Riverstone) are building they can see this forum posts and it will save them time and hassle having look up IBI's from scratch

What is making you lean towards 'Firstyle' over the likes of Metricon and Eden Brae and AllCastle and Kaplan and Rawson and Elderton and Thrive and BellRiver and Burbank and McDonaldJones and Clarendon and Simonds and Adenbrook and Coral and Stockland and NewLiving ?
Onram
Have decided to go with Logan facade

The Logan facade looks really good as per this PDF saw online. How much is the house build (with GST)?

I am sure you are aware that its a good idea to have some extra cash reserved incase extra costs pop-up at the handover (final) stage?

I have heard via this forum - apparently what happens is when the handover stage happens there will be minor issues and faults and house will not be 100% which the IBI will notice pick-up in their final report. So then what happens is then one has to kind of 'negotiate' (like the unnecessary back and forth with a brand new petrol car carsalesman) how much extra one will pay to get all those things fixed

They (builder) will fix quite a lot of things for free but apparently for some they will still try and get some extra $'s out of you, and apparently its the way to go because if one pays a few thousand $'s they will fully fix everything, but if one is aggressive and hard-arms the builder so you pay $0 extra apparently they wont fix all the issues properly
Related
24/07/2023
Firstyle Tile Selection

General Discussion

Hi Kaiser85, We are building with Firstyle Homes. Our build has just started, slab pour is on Saturday (hopefully!). Their standard range is pretty good. We did our…

3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for ā€œpre-wiringā€ so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. Thatā€™s why we…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum