Re: Increasing ceiling height3
Oct 05, 2019 10:19 pm
I have just built with Wisdom and it was approx $5K.
It does depend on the size of the home though.
That is a very reasonable cost. I believe most builders charge around 10k to increase ceilings including increased doors, wardrobes, windows etc.
Re: Increasing ceiling height6
Oct 08, 2019 11:42 am
Hi we are first time builders building with Metricon, I was just wondering how much it would cost to increase ceiling height from 2.4 to 2,7 thanks.
Firstly, 2.7 height is worth every cent and it opens up the home so much.
Secondly, you said you are building with Metricon. Some tips to consider:
- Read the wording in your contract very closely and have someone overlook it all before signing.
- Make sure you question all the large items and make sure they write down worst case pricing in the contract.
- Verbals are no good to you so make sure all discussions are put down in writing.
- Compare pricing with other builders where possible to do a comparison for different items in the contract.
- Make sure you get in writing that if something in the contract is not done that you get a full refund on that item (I know this sounds basic but still get it in writing)
Re: Increasing ceiling height9
Oct 08, 2019 1:05 pm
Thanks we are getting our lawyer to look into over the contract first
You need an industry expert who knows what to look for.
3 in 1 Supadiverta. 0.75mm filter. No downpipes diverted. Can delete overflow pipe. Cleaner Neater Cheaper
Supa Gutter Pumper. An inexpensive gutter overflow solution.
Re: Increasing ceiling height10
Oct 09, 2019 8:26 am
Our building costs soared with all the added extras we added, we only added raised ceilings to the ground floor and I'm wishing I paid the extra for raised ceilings on first floor also now...
Sign in or Join to reply to this Topic
indo26slateUpper floor ceiling height, windows, eves and ceiling fansUpper floor ceiling height, windows, eves and ceiling fans
I definitely agree with you there. 1300 high windows from the floor is too high. It would make the house feel very claustrophobic because you wouldn't get the open feeling…