Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with M

Page 1 of 1
We have just paid our deposit to M. So far so good the sales rep is brilliant. I hope it continues this way. We are going to build the Denver 31. We have just over 2 acres out at Inverleigh (15 min west of Geelong).
We are really looking fwd to starting after headaches with draftsman and other smaller builders.
If anyone has pointers to check in M's contracts that would be great.
thanks
Adrian
I love the Denver!!!!
I think you're the first person on here to build that house.
I really wanted to build the Denver 43...... but settled on the Grandview 36.

No major contract stuff with M... they use standard HIA contract.... just check everything a million times.... ours had lots of mistakes and I refused to sign off on anything until it was right.... (and I had it in writing
).

Don't feel pressured to sign on the day... they will let you take it home to read through it properly... I highly recommend doing that.

Oh and welcome to the forum!

Jo
G'day Aido and Joles,

We've been reading the forum for a while now, have always been keen to find someone building with M near Geelong. We are about to pay the deposit with M in the next month or so and are planning to build the Tusanne on the Surf Coast in Victoria. We've also been very impressed with the sales rep we've been dealing with! Look forward to following your progress Aido as we are ging to be building in the same area. Cheers,

Rowan
Wow Adrian... I love the Denver too!!!!!!!!!!

If we could build that house in Point Cook.. we would build it!
Unfortunately, our frontage is only 18m.

Did you change the plans?

Looking forward to see the colour selection!
Yes I'm with VJ... I'd like to see a floorplan!!! And colours as well Adrian.

rprenda.... are you going to start a thread? We'll all want to see your plans too!!!

Oh and land pics!!!!!

Jo
I will add a floor plan when they have drawn it up for us. We have not made many changes.
Added Outdoor room
Made garage 1 m wider (don't need bigger I have a 7m x 15 m shed going up tomorrow)
Added double sliding doors to Rumpus & Sitting room
A single door to hall to match the look of door going to master bedroom.

We do not have gas where we are building so we are going to put a wood heater in the family room(after hand over)
I am getting carpet from ***, a work collegue's brother in law is the manager. Good prices.

We loved the inclusion package they have $2000 for $33000 value. I will post some photos soon.
Work collegue's BIL is manager at ***???

Which ***???

Phoenix will have burning ears..... read her Ready, Set, Go thread about ***.....
you should have a read...

Oh your changes sound good..... I agree, apart from the outdoor room, there really isn't a lot to do to that house... it's great!
Hi all tried putting a picture on and said I am not allowed to add a file. Anyone help please???
Hi,

For some reason the forum doesn't let you upload files even though the facility is there.

Take a look in the general discussion forum and there is a sticky thread on how to put your picture up using a free service called photobucket.

Hope that helps,

Dale.
Related
9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

11/05/2023
Building duplex at the hills council area

Building A New House

Even if it's not being sub-divided and you want to keep it as Torrens title, you will still need to talk to a town planner or Council themselves, to see if they will allow…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum